What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Leprous >> Darkness, unless you like all that screaming.

Also, cheers for playing Art of Noise -- always loved them.

Me:  A couple of the related bands from Leprous -- not so related:  Mirrorthrone, Thou Shalt Suffer; relatedly enjoying -- Ephrat, Illusion Suite, Myrath, Peccatum (related? enjoying!)

homepage_large.50857a66.jpg

I listened to this in a stereo store once only yo have the owner come running thinking the stereo was broken. Just the album.

;D   I once was asked (insisted) by my sister-in-law for ideas for my birthday or the holidays, forget which.  I asked for this very CD, which I had on LP but was not in great condition.  Her wide-eyed reaction was "You REALLY want me to go into a store and ask for 'Throbbing Gristle....?!' "

• Like 2

What?  No, I knew, not your fault at all, and tickets aren't sold out.  I know exactly what happened:  my fucking addled brain can't handle getting up from the chair to get my credit card info without forgetting by the time I get back.  the farthest I've gotten is putting my wallet in front of my computer, then gone off to bed.  By the time I got up the next morning, I had forgotten why the wallet was there, and not in my pocket.  It's happened like 4 times so far -- JUST WITH THIS CONCERT.

Okay, I'm going to post this, get up, get my wallet, and come back, so if I don't post a follow up that I actually purchased the ticket in a couple minutes...well, that's #5 then, innit?

EDIT:  Purchased, thanks for the prompt!

EDIT #2:  In the Nursery is something else entirely, try before you buy, I'm not at all promising you'll like it, it's a completely different genre of music

EDIT #3:  Just finished Chilly Gonzalez, Chambers, now starting Goldfrapp and friends, soundtrack to My Summer of Love.

• Like 1

If you can still find good tickets, then that is fucking funny.  Otherwise, I should have nagged you or something.  So, get off your ass, and good luck :laugh:

In the spirit of this thread:

rapid-eye-movement-5538c56e0360c.jpg

The second disc in the special edition more than makes up for this (compared to other albums of theirs) average album.  The title track is pure sex.

Edit 1:  Glad you got a ticket.  It would have sucked if you ended up not being able to go.  You like all this spacey keyboard shit 8)

Edit 2:  There are very few bands that are day 1 purchases for me.  I have their entire discography on your recommendation in a "try before buy folder"; I just forgot to listen to it.  Stupid me ;)

Edited by roadtonowhere08

I did it, I did it!  Oh, and my particular venue (Canal Club in Richmond, VA, in case you want to follow along at home) is general admission, so best possible position will be obtained the night of the performance, assuming I don't forget.  (I totally spaced on Calexico, after I purchased tickets.)

A friend of mine made me get this (because it's such a crazy good value) -- is that the same second disk?

• Like 1

I do love it.  I love Riverside.  I was putting together a list of bands that I would like to see if they ever cross the pond:  The Sirens, Pineapple Thief, Riverside, and Pain of Salvation (and I'm sure there are others).  I missed Pain of Salvation -- they were actually here recently, I didn't think to look in time.