What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

I met Dylan from The Dylan Group and Mice Parade yesterday (he's apparently the boyfriend of a friend of mine that I haven't seen in several years), and they make my favourite kind of music (I don't even know what to call it besides "instrumental" -- music for music's sake?  At least, that's what it sounds like to me), so I'm going to binge on Dylan Group and Mice Parade...

On 12/1/2015, 7:22:14, Dusty Chalk said:

Chelsea Wolfe, Abyss -- fuck, this is good

https://chelseawolfe.bandcamp.com/album/abyss

I cannot stop listening to this.  Crazy good.  It's like Peter Gabriel's "Darkness" meets the Devics meets Sinead O'Connor's "Just Call Me Joe" with a little bit of stoner/doom and/or post-rock thrown in.  And it's not just the guitar tones -- the dynamic range is impressive as well.

Definitely obtaining.  Definitely going in my top 5 of the year, possibly top 3.

So here's the funny thing -- I started texting this vinyl service, and so far they've been sending me mainstream stuff (Adele, Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis), so I've been eschewing.  Finally I got tired of it, and responded "DISLIKE".  So they asked me what I wanted.  I responded with "alternative / independent / experimental" -- and they send me this.

FUCK.  YES.  This is exactly the sort of thing I want them to spam me with.