What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

15 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Nonspecific deity, I love that album inordinately much.  Like a bunch more than any of her other albums.

It's excellent. I also have her Light Years, Fever, and Greatest Hits: 87–97 albums.

I started with Fever at the height of its popularity after some friends recommended it to me years ago, then slowly picked up the other ones. Body Language has the same level of polish as Fever, but a broader and deeper musical and emotional range (for Kylie, anyway). I find it less claustrophic-sounding as well. Fever is still a favorite of mine for its intensity and catchiness, but I've over-listened to it and I find I have to be in the right mood to immerse myself in Kylie's virtual disco club, whereas Body Language is more generally enjoyable.

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HiWire said:

It's excellent. I also have her Light Years, Fever, and Greatest Hits: 87–97 albums.

I started with Fever at the height of its popularity after some friends recommended it to me years ago, then slowly picked up the other ones. Body Language has the same level of polish as Fever, but a broader and deeper musical and emotional range (for Kylie, anyway). I find it less claustrophic-sounding as well. Fever is still a favorite of mine for its intensity and catchiness, but I've over-listened to it and I find I have to be in the right mood to immerse myself in Kylie's virtual disco club, whereas Body Language is more generally enjoyable.

Body Language was the first album I got, based entirely on the strength of the lead single, "Slow".  I was surprised how much I liked all the other tracks, especially Red Blooded Woman and Chocolate, but it's distilled pure pop perfection as far as I am concerned.  I think I have all of the post pre Michael Hutchence albums (so 1989 onwards?  I may have to double check...), since many of them were reissued in 2CD packs several years ago.
You may also want to check out Anniemal, it kind of hits me the same way.

Once I saw the Red Rose Music logo I realized when those were made. I'll keep an eye out.

I took a look and I have Vol 1 which is the organ /choir album, Vol 2 which is the piano (which is awesome!) and Vol 4 with the New Haven Brass Quintet. I should dust off the turntable and give them a listen this week.

New Little Tybee record!  Also, What We Want by STFU (Dean Garcia side project -- very typical of his work -- medigs -- I still think All We Have is Now is the best thing he's done in years, but I can't say as I mind him being as prolific as he is -- I love everything he touches -- PS they're all collaborations, so I can't contribute all of it to his influence, I just mention it by way of point-of-reference).