What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

1 hour ago, TMoney said:

IMG_0023.PNG

On SHM SACD. ?

I think this is my favorite album of theirs. The first three tracks are just dynamite.

I really like Mark's guitar lines here. His lyrics aren't bad either. 

It's far and away their most under-rated.  Everyone knows Brothers in Arms and Sultans of Swing, but this is just superb. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TMoney said:

IMG_0023.PNG

On SHM SACD. ?

I think this is my favorite album of theirs. The first three tracks are just dynamite.

I really like Mark's guitar lines here. His lyrics aren't bad either. 

If I were forced to pick a favorite band Dire Straits would be it. My favorite albums are Making Movies and Communique. IMO they never made a bad album. Love Mark's solo/duet stuff too.

Have you heard Neck and Neck with Mark and Chet Atkins? Phenomenal, even if you don't care for Country music.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 4

For something a little different;

"Food For Thought" from the Library of Congress's Recorded Sound Research Center, the National Press Club Luncheon speeches.

I've just begun to scratch the surface here but these are from the days when a great speech was just about the best entertainment you could ask for and these curated speeches are fantastic.

So, if you're as sick of hearing about the election as I am (already sent in my ballot), give these a listen.

Don't miss the Hitchcock!

http://www.loc.gov/rr/record/pressclub/

• Like 1