What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

I've got that one too Jon.
I bought it on the recommendation that it's the best produced videos of 'Trane.
Since then, I've seen a ton of them and this is far and away the best.
Enjoy!

Thanks, Steve! I was kind of tempted to find my way accidentally back into that store and buy each one of the other 20, one at a time. [emoji41]
  • Like 1

I've got that one too Jon.
I bought it on the recommendation that it's the best produced videos of 'Trane.
Since then, I've seen a ton of them and this is far and away the best.
Enjoy!

Thanks, Steve! I was kind of tempted to find my way accidentally back into that store and buy each one of the other 20, one at a time. [emoji41]

Closer to the Heart..less, a Spotify playlist put together by Pallbearer to give an idea of the sound they were shooting for with the new album.  This is pretty hilarious, because it runs the gamut from ambient to prog to AOR to metal to shoegazer to 4AD to Gong to...yeah, pretty much anything and everything.  Which is not at all my experience, listening to Pallbearer.  But who knows, maybe they got injected with some wild creativity...

On 3/14/2017 at 1:38 PM, Hopstretch said:

Ryan Adams -- Prisoner

This keeps growing on me.

I'm a fan. Inspired me to go back to this one (hadn't listened in a loong time)... one of the absolute best-sounding albums I've heard on the current speaker rig.

Ryan Adams Heartbreaker

R-1024037-1286456379.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Aura
  • Like 1

Can't stop listening to Brad Mehldau, can't seem to get past this piece he played for an encore (almost verbatim).  Those extra harmonization notes he chooses at 1:15 and 1:17 are sublime, though I think what he played when I saw him were slightly more dissonant, and I think I might have to start working on a simplified guitar version of his arrangement.

• Like 2