What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

The Joshua Redman/Brad Meldau concert I attended a long time ago was a pretty transformative experience

The part leading up to those chords sounds very Ravel-like, and I believe the harmonization is something like a F# half diminished seventh with a dissonant escape tone that resolves down, then cadences to a first inversion minor C# triad in which the E becomes the third? Try it out

• Like 2

I listen to a lot of Stoner:  try 1000mods, Truckfighters, some Black Space Riders (they're the least stoner of the bunch, the earlier albums are the most stoner, and the most recent is probably the least, but I really like where they're going, so like their most recent stuff the best), High on Fire, Monster Magnet, and some of this:

Kyuss is of course the godfathers of Stoner.  Desert Sessions (with a rolling cast of musicians) is also pretty great for classic Stoner.

• Like 1

The only time I saw J&MC in concert, some band no one had heard of opened for them and blew them away.

After the show, my buddy and I, along with about 6-7 other faces we recognized from the show, were all at Tower Records in Boston buying NiN's Pretty Hate Machine.

Still love J&MC's music though.....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, skullguise said:

The only time I saw J&MC in concert, some band no one had heard of opened for them and blew them away.

After the show, my buddy and I, along with about 6-7 other faces we recognized from the show, were all at Tower Records in Boston buying NiN's Pretty Hate Machine.

Still love J&MC's music though.....

Yup, that was the reason I went, to see opening new band, Nine Inch Nails, whose album, Pretty Hate Machine my sister had given me a tape of.  I was watching Trent abuse the shit out of his then guitarist, pre-Filter Richard Patrick.  He seemed to be alright with it at the time, but what did I know.

The other side of that tape was  The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, and I went on to see Ministry around that time, too.  Another memorable concert, the tour that generated In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up...Live.

Me, now:  White Willow, Future Hopes live stream, dadgum album doesn't get released until Friday, so even though I pre-ordered it, I don't get my copy until Friday.  Wonderful, so far.

• Like 1