What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Okay, that's not confusing at all: "Southern Gothic prog-rock/proto-metal" band, Whiteside's Daughter, are providing the first act of a rock opera for free, and it's about James, the gay son of an Alabama Pentecostal preacher, who in high school rebels and falls in with John, his ex-Baptist atheist classmate and guitarist for a high school death metal band called Village Witch.

http://whitesidesdaughter.com/releases

While in truth, I have been listening to Bitches Brew too much lately, what I choose to link is this:

It is a dangerous earworm and has been stuck in my head for the last week. Fuck you, Tim Minchin, you talented bastard. Someone else can suffer now.

Edited by Kattefjaes
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

CountingCrows_AugustAndEverythingAfter-MFSL.jpg.487a7eff942e8be00de9b70654834664.jpg

This was introduced to me by my redheaded college girlfriend at the time and always brings back fond recollections of a couple of other things she showed me.

But seriously, how can 1993 be a QUARTER OF A CENTURY ago? Some of it is now a bit close to the bone as an old guy.

All your life is such a shame, shame, shame.
All your love is just a dream, dream, dream.
Open up your eyes, you can see the flames, flames, flames
Of your wasted life. You should be ashamed.

:unsure:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

But seriously, how can 1993 be a QUARTER OF A CENTURY ago? Some of it is now a bit close to the bone as an old guy.

:unsure:

Even more seriously, how could I have been 40 then?  And you're right, those lyrics hit hard. :blink:

Edit:

Thinking about this made me feel real old.  So I decided to rock out on:

Lover's Waltz by Jay Ungar and Molly Mason

41XC67HP64L.jpg

and Putamayo Presents, Tango Around the World

51dewo7H8jL.jpg

I feel much better now. :D

Edited by guzziguy

I'm done pining, but I still really like the song Again by Archive -- it's like a cross between Pink Floyd (Dogs-ish) and late era Talk Talk (especially with the harmonica solos).  That said, I've been mostly listening to Gabriel Le Mar.  It's almost as good as a night of Testtone.

Oh, and this happy shit:

https://pentagramhomevideo.bandcamp.com/album/the-satanic-path-2

No, seriously, listen to this, it's actually really pretty:

https://pentagramhomevideo.bandcamp.com/track/slumber-2015