What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Oddly no, triggered by watching the Americans and hearing Squeeze which led to Sparks and then Joe Jackson.

I somehow totally missed out on the existence of Joe Jackson until a few years ago when I was sitting in a bar in Brooklyn and was shocked to hear a weird version of an Anthrax song ...

R-56305-1173139180.jpeg.jpg

while I'm thinking of it ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/2/2018 at 5:07 PM, Dusty Chalk said:

Look Sharp!/I'm the Man/Beat Crazy are perfection.

Actually, his later output is pretty great, too.  I didn't include Will Power or Symphony No. 1 in my playlist (which would have been too severe a change in direction), and it's been really enjoyable listening (this is my second time through).

3 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Probably my favourite of his solo releases.  You’re only just now discovering it?  Nice!

Nah, have known & had this for years.....even "wore out" my first vinyl copy listening so much back in the day!  But hadn't listened in a long time.  Played it via my streamer when I set it up again last week, then had to listen again....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Probably my favourite of his solo releases.  You’re only just now discovering it?  Nice!

For me this album has the best solos of David. So much so that in "Division Bell", David again uses some riff and solos of this álbum.

My dad's friend dumped a bunch of old CDs on him, which he in turn dumped on me... the Pogues' album was the big win as well as Neil Young's Harvest. Also included were The Who's The Kids Are Alright, Simon and Garfunkel, The Best of James Taylor, the soundtrack from Pump Up the Volume, and Bryan Adams' mediocre Into the Fire. All in all, a decent assortment of old rock – you win some, you lose some. I don't turn down free CDs unless I have them already.

I was also listening to old cassettes on the weekend. Lenny Kravitz's Are You Gonna Go My Way held up surprisingly well and Guns N' Roses' "The Spaghetti Incident?" is still a decent covers album.

Lenny Kravitz – Are You Gonna Go My Way

00602537756988-cover-zoom.jpg

Jimi Hendrix – The Ultimate Experience

0ed9cb00f68a46e3c6f0984ffb7884d4

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 3