What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

I'm-a gonna have to get that, too.  Both of them, ackshully.  I only have Anniemal, but I revisit it every time Robyn puts out an album, because someone once told me that I would like Robyn, too, but every time Robyn put out an album, I go back and listen to Anniemal, and think, "no, not really, Annie's better".  I think I lost track somewhere before she put out Don't Stop.  Looks like she put out quite a few EPs and singles along the way, according to discogs.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/14923-Annie

I don't have have any Robyn albums (a friend of mine likes her stuff), but I've always liked Scandinavian pop, going back to Roxette (my first cassette!) and ABBA. Which reminds me – I also have to catch up on a bunch of Raveonettes albums and I'm looking forward to listening to Trentemøller's The Last Resort. I never listened to Sigur Rós in their heyday, for some reason.

Some of Annie's more recent work has been uneven (you can watch her newer videos on YouTube), but I don't think anyone else does what she does as well as she does. The version of Don't Stop I received also comes with the All Night EP, so I am pretty well set with Annie material for a while.

She played a DJ set at a skating rink downtown last weekend – I wish I could have seen that.

I only had Anniemal too, but then I was able to get a copy of her Two of Hearts Stacey Q cover sampler on eBay (this radio-length, slightly grungy-sounding Skatebård remix is the one I had been listening to for years, and it is superior to the longer one on the disc, in my opinion):

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 1