What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

I'm looking forward to picking up more Dire Straits SACDs as well (Making Movies and Love Over Gold), but they're a bit pricey.

This one has been in my cart for a while – it was great to come home yesterday, grab it out of the mailbox and put it right on the stereo.

My only problem with these single-layer SACDs is that I have to listen to them at home... with hybrid SACDs, I can easily rip them for listening on my iPod or computer at work. Not a big problem for this kind of album, which is better suited to a comfy chair.

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 1

Quite.  I have a friend that thinks Baker Street is one of the GREATEST SONGS EVAR and I have to admit, it is perfect (I wouldn't change a thing about it), but I recently went back and revisited the entire album, and Right Down The Line is pretty perfect, too.  I still think those are by far the strongest two tracks off the album.

Me:  

Image result for tri repetae 2cd

I think Eutow might be my favourite track off the album.

• Like 1

I'm having one of those days. Sadly nostalgic 

Santana - Moonflower [1977]

81P8cWhZH2L._SY355_.jpg

I discovered yesterday that one can listen to Tidal lossless streaming using Audirvana+. Surprisingly the sporadic cuts went away. I won't dare to defend that sound quality is better, probably it's the same as using Chrome, but I'm finding it more enticing. I have yet to test if this way it's able to play gapless.

• Like 3

I'm listening to single tracks by Raphael Ravenscroft.

I have been very impressed by "Forgiveness", the work of the choir is impressive with only a few notes of saxophone merging with the choir. Beautiful, simply beautiful and magical.

If you have 5 minutes to listen to this song ... I recommend it.

Edited by jose

I was just trying to remember who did that.  I’ve been wearing a cowboy hat and my mask, and explaining myself thusly:  you know, in the days of the Wild West, cowboys used to wear bandannas to keep dust and bugs out of their mouths...well, this is just a high tech version of the same thing—only it’s for pollution and allergens.  I’m a Space Cowboy...bet you weren’t ready for that...