What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

The Police – Ghost in the Machine

Wikipedia: " The cover art for Ghost in the Machine features a seven-segment display-inspired graphic that depicts the heads of the three band members, each with a distinctive hair style (from left to right, Andy Summers, Sting with spiky hair, and Stewart Copeland with a fringe); the band was unable to decide on a photograph to use for the cover. Wire bonds can be seen on the original issue vinyl album cover, suggesting perhaps that the display is a photographic collage. The album's cover is ranked at No. 45 in VH1's 50 Greatest Album Covers. The graphic was designed by Mick Haggerty."

Me: Stares at album cover for a while – "Ok, that's kind of clever. And also brilliantly cheap. Why can't I have ideas like this?"

and

"What an incredible album. The haters can suck it."

rs-144552-6871bd00b86e5d647a9891d14a606e

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, HiWire said:

The Police – Ghost in the Machine

Wikipedia: " The cover art for Ghost in the Machine features a seven-segment display-inspired graphic that depicts the heads of the three band members, each with a distinctive hair style (from left to right, Andy Summers, Sting with spiky hair, and Stewart Copeland with a fringe); the band was unable to decide on a photograph to use for the cover. Wire bonds can be seen on the original issue vinyl album cover, suggesting perhaps that the display is a photographic collage. The album's cover is ranked at No. 45 in VH1's 50 Greatest Album Covers. The graphic was designed by Mick Haggerty."

Me: Stares at album cover for a while – "Ok, that's kind of clever. And also brilliantly cheap. Why can't I have ideas like this?"

and

"What an incredible album. The haters can suck it."

rs-144552-6871bd00b86e5d647a9891d14a606e

Off topic:

Very interesting. For a while I thought it was some kind of writing like the one used in the movie "Predator"

bb0e59d23d4715aa5001b7a10ec4b700.jpg

• Like 1

Finished editing and processing my recordings of 2018's Monterey Jazz Festival. 

Here's a few cuts.

Christian McBride Trio with Benny Green's flyin fingers.

Fred Hirsh with an awesome Beatles variation.

And Dianna Reeves joins McBride's trio on the Arena stage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2