What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Listening to "Some Other Time" (or "Peace Piece") I felt like listening to this other Evans album. The improvisation on the theme of love of "Spartacus" is simply magical: 

Bill Evans "The Solo Sessions" 

215JCPR88AL.jpg

Although most famous interpretation (three pianos) is here.

00731452790620_1080W_1080H.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Torpedo said:

Jose, what famous interpretation is included in the "The Best of Bill Evans on Verve" anthology? As I've seen that CD doesn't include "Peace Piece" nor "Some Other Time". Do you mean "Love Theme"? 

Yes I means "Spartacus Love Theme". 

If your set has a minimum of quality (and I know that you have a nice set ? ) you can appreciate the three pianos interacting in the interpretation of "Spartacus Love Theme".  A small change in volume is noticed. I´m not sure if this effect was tried to minimize in the mixing of the three tracks to give the impression of listening to a "single" piano or not, but in some moments the difference in volume is clearly noticeable.

8 hours ago, robm321 said:

Love Peace Piece... and pretty much everything Bill Evans plays for that matter. 

Yes... "Peace Piece" has something "magical". I guess that this chords (Cmaj7 y G9sus4) has something... and then Bill seems to float on the melody. I guess that's why the two takes of "Flamenco Sketches" are my faborite Miles Davis songs

Something similar happens to me with "Spartacus Love Theme".

Since we are talking about "Spartacus Love Theme", Earl Klugh has a nice interpretation too.

This album was given to me by my first music teacher in 1991

81MpnmrDD9L._SS500_.jpg

Well, I leave it, I have already screwed up the thread with my paranoia ? 

• Like 4

We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic – Foxygen

I think this album is much better than their 5th album, Hang. The songs have more energy, cohesiveness, and authentic emotion. Also, for Foxygen, this album shows some restraint where their later albums crossed a line somewhere.

WAt2CAoPaM.jpg

I was listening to Tidal’s Modern Psychedelic playlist, and their track, “Livin’ a Lie” from their album, Seeing Other People , stood out.  I need to check them out further.  Think I’ll start with that one.  Thanks for the indirect rec.

In the meantime, been listening to the Tool catalogue.  I forgot how annoying their filler / studio wankery can be.  Some, deliberately so.

• Like 1