What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

10 hours ago, blessingx said:

Keeping the K-tel-like life going.

Was the 70s the last relatively innocent point before personal branding really took off or I am confusing personal aging with society’s march? 

45253997-7E08-4E8F-9CEC-C3358FCBD25B.jpeg

The cost of making music went down, that’s what killed it.  IMHO 

Every idiot who thought he could make music did.

• Like 1

Two more then I'm jumping back to the future. Besides the collections are going South quickly. I think Mikey is on to something. I never hear it mentioned, but was there a far lesser FM killed the more regional AM star? Dusty, the democratization seems a next step (and seemingly could have even reversed the personal branding jump). As aging and personal bias intertwined here, I'll also include a shot of a vehicle I heard many of these songs in - the '74 Plymouth Road Runner. Memory is tricky, but I'm pretty sure everything sounded better on it than my current 2011 Kia Optima (Running-It-Into-the-Ground Edition). 

70s am - 71W9VpGz4QL._SS500_.jpg

am gold 70s 2.jpg

IMG_5969.JPG

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I distinctly remember that leap of better music going from cheesy am shit —Captain & Tenille, Paul Anka, Neil Sedaka— to FM coolness when I got a better portable radio.  I don’t think it had anything to do with am vs fm or audio quality, I just liked the programming of that station better, but in my child’s brain, I thought it was fm.

• Like 1