What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Just found out this existed, may have to break my streak of not buying physical media any more for this one, as Tangerine Dream are one of my two favourite bands.  A little heavy on the Phaedra/Rubycon years (over-rated) (disks 1-9) -- I was more into them starting with Ricochet and Stratosfear (disks 12-14 and 16), but might still have to get it for the surround mixes, especially of Ricochet.  Oedipus Tyrannus is a complete mystery to me.

image.thumb.png.8fd23e0c20c807c4909625b221880a25.png

• Like 3

Yeah, he is such a dickhead, but it is hard to argue against this as being the top pop music album of the decade. Maybe of the last 20 years.

It doesn't have the impact it did when it first came out (holy crap you have to hear this!)but it is just so darn good.

320x320.jpg

I couldn't help but shudder when I saw the picture of Lester Maddox in your post Ric!

I was in school in Stone Mtn. Ga. when he was governor and one of the reasons I left home. 

And just like another duly elected official, he was an embarrassment to those how didn't vote for him and a hero for those who did.

It was bittersweet to have run across him years later in Underground Atlanta selling autographed ax handles to drunken tourists (he was famous for running black folks out of his restaurant with an ax handle he kept behind the counter).

Interestingly, that same year I was working banquets at the Hyatt in Atlanta and met a fellow named Carter who was holding a small fund raiser I was bar backing at.

• Like 3