What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

On 4/10/2020 at 8:49 PM, Hopstretch said:

Have we had the new Strokes? I really like it, Pitchfork hates it, you decide.

image.png.7396efecb9d9b45b21e7bffaac65f5c1.png

"The New Abnormal" also feels like a pretty prescient album title. :(

Tried this, but at least on Tidal I think the mastering is totally brick-wall'ed with zero dynamic range. I might be imagining things, but I found it hard to listen to.

Instead went with some easy listening future conference call on-hold background music from Phish, their new one, Sigma Oasis.

320x320.jpg

Finished editing the recordings I made at the 2019 Monterey Jazz Festival (2020 in Sept is doubtful at this point).

Here's a great blues vocal during the opening "Tribute To Mary Lou Williams" from Jean Baylor and Shamie Royston on piano.

Allison Miller was the 2019 Artist in Residence. One of the groups she performed with was Parlour Game with Jenny Scheinman on violin.

Snarky Puppy was the last act on the main stage. They tried to teach the audience to clap 4 against 3 during the tune "Xali". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Ancient Mariner Big Read 
https://www.ancientmarinerbigread.com/reading/1 

More info at... All alone online: Iggy Pop and Jeremy Irons lead mass Ancient Mariner reading https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/apr/18/all-alone-online-iggy-pop-and-jeremy-irons-lead-mass-ancient-mariner-reading?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1