What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Brad Mehldau, Finding Gabriel 

unholy carp, Brad’s wielding a synthesizer and he sounds angry!

21 hours ago, velomane said:

Man, it's been a long time but I still have most of his stuff on vinyl. Back in the eighties, CBC Radio had a late night program called Brave New Waves that introduced this country boy to Foetus , Nurse with Wound, Psychic TV, Current 93 and on and on.

Good times, for sure.

Nice!  I’ve been...schizophrenic in my listening lately, but have started revisiting Legendary Pink Dots and Tear Garden, which were two of the gateways to that whole world of Mimir, H.N.A.S., SPK, Chris and Cosey, et al, and I won’t say it’s hitting the spot, but it’s certainly more cathartic than Camel.  Don’t get me wrong, loved Moonmadness, listened to it 6 tines today, but wondering how much more I would have loved it if I was in a more sedate/less ragey frame of mind.

• Like 2

Mark Giuliana - BEAT MUSIC! BEAT MUSIC! BEAT MUSIC!

spacer.png

I feel like I was lied to about jazz most of my life.  I played it daily for eight years and never enjoyed it in the slightest.  Now, fifteen years of atrophy later, I learn modern jazz is fantastic and inventive and I'd love to play it.  

Ric, I had meant to mention that I think you should give 'Kris Kristofferson The Austin Sessions' a listen, if you haven't already done so. 

As for me now...

Junior Brown 'Guit With It'.

R-1802662-1589318678-6630.jpeg.jpg

Kind of retro country. Think Red Foley or Earnest Tubb, but with the picking abilities of Chet Atkins and Jimmy Hendricks bastard love child.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 8:16 AM, velomane said:

Man, it's been a long time but I still have most of his stuff on vinyl. Back in the eighties, CBC Radio had a late night program called Brave New Waves that introduced this country boy to Foetus , Nurse with Wound, Psychic TV, Current 93 and on and on.

Good times, for sure.

Also, you've seen this, right?  He did a concert with a small orchestra!   Several of the other tracks from this concert are also up on YouTube, but unfortunately, not all of them.  Love is my favourite album of his, so would've loved to have seen "(not adam)".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Also, you've seen this, right?  He did a concert with a small orchestra!   Several of the other tracks from this concert are also up on YouTube, but unfortunately, not all of them.  Love is my favourite album of his, so would've loved to have seen "(not adam)".

Oh wow! No, I haven't seen that. That'll be playing on the big screen as soon as wifey and doggos are out for a walk. She's definitely not a fan of this stuff.

Also, thanks for mentioning some more bands. Most I've heard but not all, so I'm on a mission to check them out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, velomane said:

Oh wow! No, I haven't seen that. That'll be playing on the big screen as soon as wifey and doggos are out for a walk. She's definitely not a fan of this stuff.

Also, thanks for mentioning some more bands. Most I've heard but not all, so I'm on a mission to check them out.

Cheers to that.  Let me know if you want more, I’m full of that stuff.  🤣