What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Playing Courtney Marie Andrews' Old Flowers, a breakup album reflecting on what once was, which was on constant play as we settled in for the pandemic, and Maple Glider's To Enjoy Is the Only Thing, heard pretty much non-stop over the last week (and mentioned here several times), a celebratory look towards connections and the future. Love songs can be goofy, but I wonder if these will end up being my COVID bookends (well, if we're approaching an end, probably too optimistic as rates are increasing nearly everywhere). 

712CoCuzAVL._SL1200_.jpg

816EYM5RhRS._SL1200_.jpg

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mikeymad said:

Tchaikovsky-Bruch Violin Concertos

Tchaikovsky-Bruch Violin Concertos
Nicola Benedetti

Example:

Particularly good?  Those are two of my favourite violin concertos (with the Mendelssohn), so I already have several favourite performances, won't bother unless you say it's worth listening.

Me:  Susumu Hirasawa's Beacon, first release in several years!
https://digital.susumuhirasawa.com/album/beacon

Dusty - Yup yup, a worthy performance, hits the power and subtly that I really like. Nicola is a performer that I have enjoyed for years, and does not disappoint here. Is it the greatest recording or performance? no, but worth the time. Poke around on youtube, if not on a streamer for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mikeymad said:

Dusty - Yup yup, a worthy performance, hits the power and subtly that I really like. Nicola is a performer that I have enjoyed for years, and does not disappoint here. Is it the greatest recording or performance? no, but worth the time. Poke around on youtube, if not on a streamer for you. 

Yeah, that's all I ask any more, I don't have a favourite of anything any more (other than maybe for Schubert's 2nd Piano Trio), so just ask after worthy performances.

Thanks, will give it a listen!

• Like 1

Hiromi Uehara, Spectrum
solo jazz piano, I forgot how great this one in particular is.

Hiromi - Spectrum - Amazon.com Music

E.G.,

This is just so insanely great!

I should also mention that it appears her entire back catalog (including personal favourites, Time ControlBrain, &c.) has been uploaded to streaming platforms Tidal and Spotify, so...yay!

• Like 4