What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

It's December 25th, so I'm listening to my project that I wrote for today 2 years ago (it's drone/dark ambient/noise, so don't even bother if that doesn't sound like anything you listen to):

Also, Chris Meloche, Recurring Dreams of the Urban Myth, the album that heavily inspired it (also Wubworld, but I didn't listen to that today, I was a little droned out) :

https://silentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/recurring-dreams-of-urban-myth

Also, more Placebo, Mt. Mountain, Yuragi, Porter Robinson, Holy Monitor, and Flyying Colours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rotem Sivan - Antidote

a2565547578_10.jpg

It's available on Qobuz and probably other streaming services on better sound quality than free Bandcamp.

I found this guitarist on YouTube for he posts some lessons on theory, which end up being more about his perception of music and tone than tips you can use on your playing or training. Either way his music is not conventional yet not being weird or "too free". This album also sounds terrific.

Edited by Torpedo
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Torpedo said:

More jazz for a sunny morning. It's 14º (50ºF) outside, that should be 5-6º (41ºF) if things were normal. Enjoying of a few vacation days they owed me.

Chick Corea Akoustic Band: Live

51bCyvc1mUL._SY450_.jpg

I think I've posted this before. It's so damn fucking good :dance:

And now, this.

• Like 3

On 1/3/2022 at 1:51 PM, Voltron said:

3B53CF22-5AA3-47DE-A549-E206F0E4222B.thumb.jpeg.8c354f2c87501008de32ef6174532177.jpeg

I am curious what you think of Bitches Brew.

Unrelated -- me:  Wilderun, Epigone.  I have been really looking forward to this -- metal, mix of clean singing and harsh, with orchestration -- but what elevates this above other metal with orchestration is that the two members of the band responsible for the orchestration are sublime soundtrack musicians by day, so the orchestration is integral to the music, rather than just being "accompaniment".

Variations on a Melancholy Theme — Brad Mehldau

I've been listening to a lot of great fusion lately.  Easily my favourite discovery of the year are Fox Capture Plan.  They have 2 2021 releases, and they're both top tier for me.

Damn, I wish I could play jazz.  This is from NEBULA(ネヴュラ):

(Not sure why it's failing to embed -- the live event is long since past, yes, but I'm watching/listening to the YouTube video right now.  The event was the video released timed to coincide with a meteor stream.)

This is from Xronicle:

• Like 2