What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Lost Not Forgotten Archives: Live in NYC - 1993

Lost Not Forgotten Archives: Live in NYC - 1993
Dream Theater

https://album.link/us/i/1603690904

I have been seeing a trend recently of releasing live albums. Not a recording of anything recent (for reasons), but of an old concert.  Maybe it is just the artists that I follow, and the fact that I follow and listen to a lot of new albums these days (thx streaming)

At first, I was like cool, they released the John Coltrane Live in Seattle recording. But since I noticed it, I started to see more and more of these releases. Now when looking through the new releases, I first think yay, a new album. Oh, it is a live release from 15-30 years ago. It wasn't good enough to release at the time, but now it is fair game? 

Not that I am really complaining, I really enjoy this well recorded performance. But I also feel that it is a little, we have to release something, and we have not been in the studio, so here listen to this.

• Like 3

Also, not to harp on the subject, but I thought his cover of Paramore's "Misery Business" was both musically uninspiring and in poor taste, considering that it came two years after Paramore announced they would no longer play the song due to their disagreement with its message.  (It was really fun to hear it with a good drummer, tho)

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 12:29 AM, Sherwood said:

Also, not to harp on the subject, but I thought his cover of Paramore's "Misery Business" was both musically uninspiring and in poor taste, considering that it came two years after Paramore announced they would no longer play the song due to their disagreement with its message.  (It was really fun to hear it with a good drummer, tho)

• Angry 2