What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

On 5/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, mikeymad said:

Quixotic

Quixotic
Martina Topley-Bird

https://album.link/i/1458137669

Example:

Diverse album with a lot of different styles. I liked it; I will check out her recent stuff

Great album!  I discovered it by accident -- they were playing it at Borders and I was immediately smitten.  I was informed of the Tricky connection when I asked what the album was, but was already sold.

• Like 1

I just cleared out a bunch of boxes of my momentos, family memorabilia, and files from my parents' house that had been in boxes in front of my main rig for many months. I decided to pick a Jeff Beck album (There & Back) from my high school years to celebrate clearing it away (sadly, just into the basement--sorry Marie Kondo). I still like it, but there is a whole lot of Jan Hammer on this album! 

64AB4EB7-25FD-42B0-AD37-2CFAC1FCE585.thumb.jpeg.2c83aeb3f56db07dce96cbd4f783dc53.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So I am having lunch with a Whisky buddy the other day and he mentions that he was listening to one of our whisky friends in Europe's album. Album? Lars' has an album, Lars is in a band? I have not met Lars in person yet, just international zoom meetings to talk about important stuff (like whisky). 

This is how I picture Lars (long beard) ... {and yes, I probably could name a lot of the whiskies by the back of the bottles}

10362617_910676055656019_6117467196223522984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=ba80b0&_nc_ohc=Pp2LGB-kzNoAX-EtEmS&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=00_AT-s7bvUTVztcBRm5f6fiU4tRmM8fhIM4rAI1vYL_XgfRg&oe=62A65F98

I looked him up on TIDAL - Hey there he is, now that is legit. 

So...

This Boy

This Boy
Lars Nyborg

https://album.link/i/1529237508

Example: He has a few actual videos as well, but it is distracting for me to see him sing. 

Overall, I enjoyed the album. I am biased because I know him. And how he does all that and be shitcanned on scotch, is beyond me.

• Like 5