What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Andy Summers. Retrospective. 

I remember seeing him live about 15 years ago (Antonio was beginning to pervert me at that time 😁). He didn't leave me very impressed... and he didn't play a single song by The Police.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, skullguise said:

What a tragic story, but glad she is OK....will definitely give this a good listen!

I'll be honest, I hadn't seen anything.  But after you posted I went and looked... Heartbreaking.  

If anyone's interested, this was a very good article/interview.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, en480c4 said:

I'll be honest, I hadn't seen anything.  But after you posted I went and looked... Heartbreaking.  

If anyone's interested, this was a very good article/interview.

I really want to like this, but I can't listen to anything Steve Albini records.

edit: I'll add that I like what SA has to say, I just don't like how he records.

Edited by dsavitsk

I thought it was excellent. Actually, thought of you when I posted.  It will go into rotation. 

On 7/13/2022 at 10:16 AM, skullguise said:

^^^ That song and In The City are my two favorites of his.....(especially when the latter was used in The Warriors)

So... 

The Warriors Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

The Warriors Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Various Artists

https://album.link/i/1440719125

The walsh:

The rest of the soundtrack is very '79

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love Is Here To Stay

Love Is Here To Stay
Tony Bennett, Diana Krall

https://album.link/i/1417536790

Example:

I am usually not the biggest fan of these types of albums (and this is not really an exception), roll out an old crony and croak through some standards. 

While I probably will not listen to the album again, I might play a few tracks (like above) now and then. One thing that these types of sessions bring out, is some of the best recording engineering. This album sounds Amazing (not with the YT compression), Diana's playing is great, super detail for the instruments and voices. Some future system sound checks tracks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, robm321 said:

Hit like before even listening. I mean, Hiromi & Chick Corea 🤩    

Exactly.  FYI, that video was literally my introduction to Hiromi.  I saw someone was playing with Chick Corea, so I watched it for Chick Corea, and ... she really holds her own!  They communicate with their faces, she has her own style, is confident enough to come across as a duet partner/peer/equal, and has such joy that it's just effusive.  Instant fan.

• Like 2