23 hours ago, mikeymad said:

They are pretty easy to become fans of. 

Me:

LongGone

LongGone
Joshua Redman, Brad Mehldau, Christian McBride, Brian Blade

https://album.link/i/1632077032

Example - live:

Better recording on the album - but a bit more fun live.

Redman - yes, Mehldau - yes, McBride - yes, Blade - yes. Powerhouse of a group, I hate that we only get them every two years or so. But worthy wait for goodness. I am glad that they all do solo and other projects to keep my ears happy.

This. Happy ears here too. 

• Like 1

Currently:  New Beth Orton EP

Yesterday:  new Toehider -- freakin' fantastic!  Single track album.  Proggers, give this a listen.

Also, new Holy Fawn (Shoegaze/metal) -- been waiting for this forever, newest favourite band.  Vocals are more buried than any human body has ever been before.  They have multiple reverb pedals (one guitarist has two; another has three), so it's expansive beyond measure.

18 hours ago, robm321 said:

This. Happy ears here too. 

I am going to listen to the new album tonight but it will be a little bittersweet. I have sfjazz tickets to see these guys on Sept. 23 but we're not going to be back from our summer trip by then (for good reason and to see some HC people in Chicago). The tix are great and not cheap but if you want to buy them, let me know. I can return them and will do so soon, but I'd love to have you see them and tell me all about it later. 

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, swt61 said:

She has been one of my favorite female vocalist since the 80's! Definitely in my top five.

Love her too....amazing talent, and powerful voice.  Her version of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" eclipses Roberta Flack's by a good margin for me, and that version was already fantastic.  On a side note, amazing that the song was written by Ewan MacColl, amazing himself, and father to the ever-lovely Kirsty MacColl (RIP).

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, jose said:

And now that my Megatron is hot.... 

spacer.png

Oh men, her voice is beautiful.... 🥰🥰

I love her so much.  I used to sing along with her so much, I could probably cover Winter Kills, All Cried Out, This House (except I need to work on those high "oo-oo"'s) and...uh...I forget the fourth one.  I have everything from Steal Me Blind through Where Hides Sleep memorized, is probably any of those.  It's always 4 songs -- 4 by Black Sabbath, 4 by Blue Oyster Cult, 4 by Golden Earring...yeah yeah I know, my boomer is showing.  🤪

• Like 3

On 9/15/2022 at 2:19 AM, mikeymad said:

Nancy & Lee

Nancy & Lee
Nancy Sinatra, Lee Hazlewood

https://album.link/i/1616561102

Example: -- Almost a perfect Album opener.

Most of the album is like that, but not as slow. Some good and bad engineering in there as well. I was entertained for 42 minutes.

^^ this^^ 

• Like 2

How Long Do You Think It's Gonna Last?

How Long Do You Think It's Gonna Last?
Big Red Machine

https://album.link/i/1571575880

Example:

I went into this one blind, like I do with most new music. And it was all over the place, and in the end I really liked it. It has some Elliot Smith type stuff like the example. And then there are things that I didn't like. But there are songs with Anaïs Mitchell :wub: , Fleet Foxes and Taylor Swift among others. Just before posting I had to look them up..  helmed by Bon Iver's, Justin Vernon and the National's, Aaron Dessner, ah I understand more now and how they had pull of getting big names. Anyway, I think I will have to put this into rotation to figure it all out more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1