What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Careless Love (Deluxe Edition)

Careless Love (Deluxe Edition)
Madeleine Peyroux

https://album.link/i/1565053848

Example:

Just some lovely close mic recordings. I really like this style. The deluxe does not add much to me, the studio tracks are so well recorded and lush that the addition of live tracks does not enhance anything for me. Maybe the only problem with a really good recording, that is what I want to listen to.

• Like 5

Bastion Original Soundtrack

Bastion Original Soundtrack
Darren Korb

https://song.link/i/459457476

Example:

A game that I can honestly say that I completed 3 times just because I wanted to listen to the soundtrack again, in context. It has a very Firefly soundtrack feel to it. The story and game built up to such a level that I find it hard to fight back tears when the above Zia's theme comes in. 

• Like 2

O.S Avalon.  Kenji Kawai with Warsaw Philharmonic The National Orchestra, Choir of Warsaw Philharmonic The National Orchestra and Elżbieta Towarnicka

The film is very interesting, in a dystopian world where people play a war/survival game called Avalon in VR. Terrifyingly similar to what our world could be (Metaverse...).

The soundtrack is frankly good, especially the choral parts are quite striking and put in trouble the ability of an equipment to put the voices in their places quickly enough.

spacer.png

• Like 4

One more for today:

Fragments

Fragments
Trifecta

https://album.link/i/1563955603

Example:

Prog? Fusion? Jazz? All of the above. this album is all over the place. I guess it is aptly named 'Fragments'. There is interesting bits all over the place. I like the ideas, and there are great players, but it does not really come together as a whole. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeymad said:

One more for today:

Fragments

Fragments
Trifecta

https://album.link/i/1563955603

Example:

Prog? Fusion? Jazz? All of the above. this album is all over the place. I guess it is aptly named 'Fragments'. There is interesting bits all over the place. I like the ideas, and there are great players, but it does not really come together as a whole. 

I enjoyed that album so much, I bought it.  I agree, it's not holistic, but who cares?  This is the music I absolutely worship.  This is right up there with Sonicbloom-era Hiromi, in my book.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jose said:

O.S Avalon.  Kenji Kawai with Warsaw Philharmonic The National Orchestra, Choir of Warsaw Philharmonic The National Orchestra and Elżbieta Towarnicka

The film is very interesting, in a dystopian world where people play a war/survival game called Avalon in VR. Terrifyingly similar to what our world could be (Metaverse...).  The soundtrack is frankly good, especially the choral parts are quite striking and put in trouble the ability of an equipment to put the voices in their places quickly enough.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, mikeymad said:

Thanks again YT algorithm friends with similar tastes in music, keep them coming.  

• Like 1

Yea, same thought on Morphine, which guess if we’re all thinking of the same exception proves Stretch’s point. 

And whenever I think of Morphine I think of the Bay Area band Fuck. And just looking up Fuck for some playback, stumbled across a similarly named band… 

And more… 

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1