What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

13 hours ago, jose said:

Portico Quartet  "Monument"

Monument | Portico Quartet

That's so great, isn't it?  I think I will revisit it.  Thansk for the "bump".

On 4/2/2023 at 5:09 PM, mikeymad said:

Bloom

Bloom
Areni Agbabian, Nicolas Stocker

https://album.link/i/1449152210

Example:

Delicate and thoughtful. 

Egad, is it all so melodic and lyrical?  I am <3ing very much.

• Like 1

Fly From Here: Return Trip

Fly From Here: Return Trip
Yes

https://album.link/i/1490150422

Example:

20th out of 23 (one is about to be released) studio album. I kind of dropped off Yes, (well, new Yes) about 10+ years ago. I guess I was more into the band line-up (this one does not have Jon Anderson) than I was just about the music. So, I gave this one a spin (click) and I really enjoyed it. I just took it for what is there. It starts out with a six part song (clip of it as example) that I really enjoyed. The rest of the album is a bit mixed, nothing bad, just ranges from really good to okay. I will try the other two newer albums at some point (2014 and 2021). It is not so much I am running towards them, I am not actively running away from them anymore. 

• Like 4

New Covet -- that first song is the most atypical Covet song I've ever heard (in a good, noise-rock way), but the rest of it is more like this, but with just as much variety:

At first I kinda wished it was full of more surprises like that first song, but then I "got comfortable" -- this is truly my comfort music, so I'm (quite possibly for the first time) actually happy about not being as surprised as I started out wishing I was.

• Like 2

She was a huge talent capable of an emotional connection to the music that only a bunch of singers managed, to my taste, of course.

I've listened over the weekend a couple of albums by a spanish jazz pianist whose music I didn't know, just his name. Pretty good I'd dare say: 

Abe Rábade - Ghu Project Vol.1 and Open Doors (Ghu Project Vol.2)

512x512bb.jpg&w=1920&q=75

512x512bb.jpg&w=1920&q=75

Not extraordinary nor unique or ground breaking, but very enjoyable. They're on Qobuz too. It's funny that all streaming services, even Odesli, get wrong that Open Doors is Ghu Project Vol.2, not Vol.1 as they all wrongly display.

• Like 3

We Get Requests

We Get Requests
Oscar Peterson Trio

https://album.link/i/1443078246

Example:

You know, it is just required listening now and then. Still strikes me as one of the most beautiful jazz albums ever made. Just overhearing it for a few seconds compels me to cue up the album and 40 minutes later, I am happier than I started that time. Thx Oscar and friends.

• Like 5