What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Yeah, somehow I missed it -- the last thing I remember is Diabolic Inventions and Seduction...  Will have to obtain (Al Di Meola is one of the few acts that has had a blank check for everything he's done across his entire career).

In the meantime, because I'm in a Boingo mood, this is a really good set:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Torpedo said:

A few tunes by Art Pepper which his widow released as an homage on his birthday, September 1st:

Arthur's Blues

Thank You Blues

Landscape

There's another track including two tunes (Everything Happens to Me and Straight Life), but sound quality is quite worse

Not coincidentally, this is now what I'm listening to, as well.

On 8/31/2017 at 2:46 AM, Dusty Chalk said:

Yeah, somehow I missed it -- the last thing I remember is Diabolic Inventions and Seduction...  Will have to obtain (Al Di Meola is one of the few acts that has had a blank check for everything he's done across his entire career).

In the meantime, because I'm in a Boingo mood, this is a really good set:

Thanks for posting this Dusty! I took a look and liked it... I've liked Danny Elfman/Boingo but hadn't really ever listened to anything other than Dead Man's Party and Insanity.

Damn tight band! I also found and liked this clip of a shorter concert (MTV?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love Oingo Boingo.  Saw them twice in my life, the second time was great but there were a series of younger kids (Gen-X'ers types?  Spoiled White suburban kids?  Not sure) who decided to make a mosh pit and ruin some others' times with excessive behavior.  Venue personnel had to come in multiple times to help calm things.

Back in MY day of mosh pits, kids RESPECTED each other and picked them up after slamming them!  Darn kids these days.....!

• Like 1