And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

x2 on the ouch Mike. I guess they stuck you with the felony charge. :( The cruise control idea works for me although I always set it 4 miles above the limit.

Today before work I stuck some "white ice" plastic cubes in the freezer that I had washed and left out to dry and am pondering when I will be ready to best enjoy my new collection of whiskey and bar glasses I have sitting back home on the counter next to the humidor. I need to fax Mike a double.

Nice! On that note, got the two de Beriot pieces and the Concerto seems easier. Wait, didn't you say that? Anyways, also got some Salchow rosin that I might just prefer over my previous Guilliume rosin.

One more thing, after the Beriot you could try Tchaikovsky Valse Scherzo, it's a nice piece to develop both technique and "virtuosity." Also the Rachmaninov Vocalise (arr. Heifetz) to develop beauty of sound. How is your double stop/chord playing?

x2 on the ouch Mike. I guess they stuck you with the felony charge. :( The cruise control idea works for me although I always set it 4 miles above the limit.

Today before work I stuck some "white ice" plastic cubes in the freezer that I had washed and left out to dry and am pondering when I will be ready to best enjoy my new collection of whiskey and bar glasses I have sitting back home on the counter next to the humidor. I need to fax Mike a double.

I'm glad the package made it there safely. Enjoy!

After getting depressed last night on finishing what I thought was the last episode of The Wire, I came in to work today to be told that there is a season 5. :palm:, which is being downloaded. Happy days, another 10 episodes of The Wire.

Wierd factoid - I've missed every episode of this. But the general opinion (including critical acclaim in the UK) is so high that I have just got to get a set of DVD's of this and catch up.
I've seen one or two episodes of this here and there, that is not by any means the way to see it. Start from the beginning.

Wierd factoid - I've missed every episode of this. But the general opinion (including critical acclaim in the UK) is so high that I have just got to get a set of DVD's of this and catch up.

Next to MI5/Spooks, it's one of my favorite shows

i did physical therapy. yay.

Great news Reks.

Sorry to hear about the hearing results Mike; it's the 4 points that hurt the most IMO. I object to returning the radar detector though....mine has saved me countless times and I don't even drive more than 10-15 over very often. I think of it as like a condom.....no one likes using one but it's worth it's weight in gold if it saves you.

One more thing, after the Beriot you could try Tchaikovsky Valse Scherzo, it's a nice piece to develop both technique and "virtuosity." Also the Rachmaninov Vocalise (arr. Heifetz) to develop beauty of sound. How is your double stop/chord playing?

I played Vocalise, but is the Heifetz arrangement different? I don't think I could handle those double stops in the Valse. I love that piece though. I found a piece the other day that is appropriate for me, that I had not heard until today... It's Wieniawski Mazurka Obertass... Its a fun little piece, easy though..

I played Vocalise, but is the Heifetz arrangement different? I don't think I could handle those double stops in the Valse. I love that piece though. I found a piece the other day that is appropriate for me, that I had not heard until today... It's Wieniawski Mazurka Obertass... Its a fun little piece, easy though..

That's why you practice.:) Most of violin playing IME is more about mind over body than anything else by far, so don't allow yourself mental blocks. Just start slow and work your way up to speed. Er, I think the Heifetz arrangement is the only one, but I could be wrong. Have you played Kreisler Praeludium and Allegro or Vitali Chaconne?

trying to pull and all nighter at the moment. I have to get a whitepaper in for this first conference talk by Friday afternoon. I've resigned to the fact that this isn't going to be my best work :/

Good luck, I'm sure you'll pull through! All nighters are the worst though, I can only pull them like twice a year.

Have you played Kreisler Praeludium and Allegro or Vitali Chaconne

I played the Kreisler piece many moons ago, but not the Vitali. I think I have many months to get back up to speed, it's like my brain and body don't connect right and everything feels awkward and I'm hyper sensitive about old nagging problems (raised right shoulder and neck resting on the lower part of the left thumb). I'm sure it will come back :)

Ugh yeah, I've had that situation many times in my life. Had to take off several months each for fracturing my collarbone in one incident and fracturing my left wrist and spraining my right wrist in another. Then I stopped playing for about half a year right before college. And in between those major ones are a lot of smaller breaks. In fact I just took a ~3 week break due to finals and surprised it only took me a few days to get back how to play correctly, and as a bonus I am actually playing better than before. As I said, a lot of it is just mind over body and thinking about violin and how to play correctly without even touching one really helps me.

The Chaconne could be a nice stepping stone piece to get you back into shape.

A big hobby day for me - I'm still off work.

I cleaned and lubed my turntable, set the tension springs, and then installed a new belt, an RB300 tonearm and a new Shure M97x.

The tonearm and belt I meant to replace years ago, but the cartridge just arrived.

I've got the Jico SAS ready to go on it when I finalise the cartridge settings and things have settled in a bit better.

Went to work, came home, ate dinner.

Rearranged some of my MTG decks in anticipation of playing a friend this weekend.

I've been playing my kids a lot lately. I broke out my 15 year old black bordered all black deck and my 15 year old all artifact deck, and have been playing them with their series 11 starter decks with 1 booster tha tI tuned for them. The new starter decks are SO much better than they used to be.