And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

heard a clunk on the floor of the passenger's seat. When I got out I looked over - there was the missing iPod

Result! Happened twice to me, once with a pen and once with an HP calculator. Bought replacements - at which point the original escaped from the bowels of the cabin. I'm sure there are black holes whose purpose is to screw with your mind. It is where all my odd socks and allen keys go.

Huh.

Got cutoff by some jackass while entering the parking lot to pick up dinner, heard a clunk on the floor of the passenger's seat. When I got out I looked over - there was the missing iPod. I went through the car thoroughly last night and again tonight, with a fricken flashlight both times and scoured the area under that seat. So I have no idea where it was, but I'm happy it found its way into the light again.

It wasn't actually in the car, you just happened to be present when the missing object decided to teleport back into this plane of reality.

Woke up to get my bike ready for a suitably cold ass ride but then it started snowing...

Instead of riding I discovered that my stuttering issue on my music laptop when using wireless vs wired network connections appears to be a non-issue any longer and I'm not sure what is the cause but I'll take it. My shitty home power plug based wired connection was slower than tar.

I had a meal at McDonalds with my kid.

Can someone explain to me why their toys in the "happy meal" always are so incredibly boring? They must have that as a gimmick. Do they win a price or something when they come up with a toy that is even less fun to play with than what they had last week? This one was hardly fun even to take out of the bag.

It's BUYING from BP that makes you immoral. Working for them makes you evil...

:indra:

Why in the hell would it make you immoral?

did you watch that one episode of South Park? it explains why. there is a cthulhu thing, and bear skin rugs.

Yup, that about sums it up.

Yes it does, but with Dinny, Al & Mike around you'll get lost in the shuffle. :P

Lol. Steve remains the voice of reason in this chaotic period.

Chris - the official title is "Competitive Intelligence and Case Studies Analyst". It's basically 100% strategy formulation (including research and empirical analysis) and communication to a particular division in BP. Stuff like tactics to gain competitive advantage, etc.

Yes, it's with BP. But there's only one other company who has listed a similar position of late that offers the same niche functions and they seem to be looking for someone to do it in more of a managerial role, which requires more experience. Since I don't have experience yet, BP seems much more likely. I want to get into upper-level corporate management eventually, and domestic strategy formulation/research is a great place for me to start.

I actually received an e-mail from them this morning already saying that I appear to have good potential and they will be contacting me again soon. So that's cool. At the very least it's nice to hear back from one of these major companies I've been applying to. I'm very annoyed that they make you apply on their own website and then you hear basically nothing back, not even a reply that they've at least reviewed your application. I got an e-mail from Accenture two days ago but they were just asking for more information regarding my application (EEOC req'd ethnic info bullshit). Maybe that's a sign that they are finally reviewing my application 2 months after I sent it to them?

Edited by Aura

Chris - the official title is "Competitive Intelligence and Case Studies Analyst". It's basically 100% strategy formulation (including research and empirical analysis) and communication to a particular division in BP. Stuff like tactics to gain competitive advantage, etc.

i.e. "what evil things can we do to make a few more bucks?" ;)

Spent a half hour working on my chef knives using the CrO paste and strop which Reks recommended then worked on refining the edge of my cleaver. I worked the edge of the cleaver with the diamond stone to bring the angle down a little to give it a little more bite then tried to polish up the blade a little to remove the stains. Needless to say I am shocked at the difference stropping has made on the sharpness of these regular knives. The friggin' Henckels are the sharpest they have ever been and the Shun seems to be the same. I can easily shave the fine hairs on the underside of my forearm with almost no noticeable drag using the Henckels or the Shun. Sharp is cool, scary sharp is uber cool!

Went to see the ice sculptures in downtown Holland MI. Too cold to stay for this afternoon's national colleagiate competition.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If I had a pair of wooden clogs, I could still do the dance and sing the song about the tulips blooming in Holland, Michigan. I had to look at my license the other day to recall my zip code, but I can still remember most everything from 2nd Grade. Scary.

I threw away most everything in my closet. Decided I didn't like the stuff, and a full closet was annoying me.

Decided to just chill at home tonight, but went by the liquor store and picked up a handful of Belgian beers. So the night will consist of lounging around, listening to music, drinking good beer, and occasionally popping into chat. Not a bad way to spend a cold winter night. :)

Drove out to a local Target store to get a relatively cheap shelf to store the numerous toys Libby received over the holidays. I spent few minutes breaking apart the box it came in only to find multiple pieces damaged/broken. Now I have to re-pack the shelf in the broken box so I can return it. This will teach me to buy a shelf/storage at a Target.

Spent a half hour working on my chef knives using the CrO paste and strop which Reks recommended then worked on refining the edge of my cleaver. I worked the edge of the cleaver with the diamond stone to bring the angle down a little to give it a little more bite then tried to polish up the blade a little to remove the stains. Needless to say I am shocked at the difference stropping has made on the sharpness of these regular knives. The friggin' Henckels are the sharpest they have ever been and the Shun seems to be the same. I can easily shave the fine hairs on the underside of my forearm with almost no noticeable drag using the Henckels or the Shun. Sharp is cool, scary sharp is uber cool!

Nice! Scary sharp is definitely uber cool!

Discovered that there is a free In-N-Out App : In-N-Out for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

in-n-out.jpg

And for the benefit of Justin and others, if you ask for directions from SFO ( to the closest In-N-Out in Millbrae, via google directions)

step 3 is

Take exit 420 for Millbrae Ave

66367252_d2883fafe2.jpg

How appropriate :)

It's like... a sign... from heaven.