And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I just got offered a job recording sound in a small independent film. This is something I've done twice before. Once it went quite well, and the other time it was a disaster of biblical proportions. I didn't give the producer a definitive "yes" yet. I'm not sure I want to get involved in another indie shoot.

Did a 4 hour bike ride with over a mile of climbing sitting on my computrainer. I then went to the DC autoshow and looked at some cars I don't really want but were pretty cool. The new CTS-V wagon was very very nice but I just can't seem myself in one. Now I'm waiting to head out to dinner with my wife.

Went out to (my) breakfast/(their) lunch w/ mypasswordis and luvdunhill -- it was nice. There was some discussion of headphones or someshit? WTF?

I just got offered a job recording sound in a small independent film. This is something I've done twice before. Once it went quite well, and the other time it was a disaster of biblical proportions. I didn't give the producer a definitive "yes" yet. I'm not sure I want to get involved in another indie shoot.
Dew et! Or actually, read the script first. Or find out who the other players are first.

I guess it depends on whether or not you're actually interested in getting into Hollywood -- my sister does, so she takes pretty much every job she's offered (she does costuming). And yes, she has said many times that they always want to shoot twice as long, for twice as much as the budget and/or schedule they have, although I don't think she's ever uttered the words "...of biblical proportions", so it sounds like your experiences are worse than hers.

Dew et! Or actually, read the script first. Or find out who the other players are first.

I guess it depends on whether or not you're actually interested in getting into Hollywood -- my sister does, so she takes pretty much every job she's offered (she does costuming). And yes, she has said many times that they always want to shoot twice as long, for twice as much as the budget and/or schedule they have, although I don't think she's ever uttered the words "...of biblical proportions", so it sounds like your experiences are worse than hers.

The film that went south was such a disaster that they made a documentary about how badly it failed. TBH, the documentary is pretty bad itself. Here's a "trailer" for it:

If you look closely, you'll see me.

I'm not interested in Hollywood, but I have managed to do one film shoot every 3-5 years, and I'm past due. I'm going to meet with the director and learn as much as I can before I commit. I'm less eager to subject myself to the grind of an underfunded film now than when I was 22.

Today has been a complete blast, and by that I mean utter clusterfuck. There's something seriously wrong with the plumbing in my kitchen sink. Not the drain, but the spout. As best I can ascertain, the cold water valve is kaput, and stuck in the open position. This means I've had to shut it off downstairs and now don't have cold water in my kitchen. That makes minor tasks like "cooking" and "doing dishes" difficult or impossible. I've put in a call to the plumber I use, and I'm waiting to hear back. This could be an interesting few days.

banghead.gif