And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

meh, thought that does make Dan Rather awesome.

and potentially a demon, so I do think we're on to something here.

So I dared to click on the video and it was so ridiculous (or I have been working so much that I am easily amused) that I started laughing out loud quite hard... but, yes, about half way through, I did want to rip my face off. I am glad I have my own office.

I also have my own office, but due to the untimely death of my A2s, I cannot avoid the XM radio station that's in all the hallways, bathrooms, lunchroom, etc. and right outside my office door. Life will be fine again in a few days, but oddly, I never considered ripping my own face off; it never came into my mind. Now, ripping other people's faces off.......

well, curing stupidity is a bit much to ask from a gel (i would never ask a syrup, let alone a gel, to cure my own stupidity), but it sounds like that might be something to ask for, the next time i see my surgeon early next month. i get better every day, and am now walking unassisted for anything less than a mile or so, but the pain is sometimes pretty bad, and it's certainly in places with inflammation.

I have had various joint and other injuries, as well as major abdominal surgery, so have been on various pain meds over the years. The non-opiate pain relievers that I have found most effective are:

Toradol - Had it post-surgery and I swear it was a miracle. It's like an NSAID on, er, steroids. But you can only take it for 5 days or your stomach falls out of your ass or something.

Mobic - Cleared up a majorly swollen knee due to Lyme disease and worked very well on the pain

Prednisone or other similar steroids

Relpax - migraines

In OTC land, 3-4 Advil can work. Aleve sometimes works on minor pain. I won't take Tylenol mainly because (a) it doesn't actually work and (B) destroys one's liver at disturbingly low doses.

Hard to tell. I am of the opinion that he is a demon. I can find no other reasonable explanation for his popularity and it's effects.

I work in a strict Bruno Mars free zone. I enforce it by threat of permanent wax ring remover statis, whenever we have to reset a toilet. That's a job nobody wants! :blink:

That song is awful but I will take that over having to listen to soul sister every day at least once and lots of songs with slide guitars, I think Walken should do a I need more slide guitars skit. Sorry to hear that Vicki, people don't understand that some music can cause true agony. Don't understand why everybody makes such a fuss over the brown note when many of these songs want to make people disembowel others and themselves

Damn good weather today. Vanilla sky sunrise, day in the 70s, sunny with partial clouds. Headed out of work, picked up some more cigars, opened up the apartment and cleaned to Rodrigo y Gabriela, and took a walk while smoking my cigar to the Mexican restaurant to stuff myself. Want to drink but too full. Back to music and browsing the webs.

Had a decent day Friday. Went to 6am spin class. Got a bunch of shit done at work. Found out some work gossip that is interesting and will impact me, but unknown as to how (not bad, but not necessarily good). I suspect that a few people in my department and a few others with whom I work closely will be getting promoted, and I will not, which will be just another sign...Anyway, we'll know more next week.

Then drove out to East Hampton. That drive always makes me nuts, so I had too many whisk(e)ys upon arrival. Not I feel not so much with the good.

Opened up a box in the guest bedroom in my cleaning effort and found the 20+ MFSL records I bought at CanJam Chicago and never bothered opening. Now listening to some music.

Come to think of it, I've got a stash from CanJam Chicago that I haven't listened to yet, either. Not nearly that man though. Maybe 6-8 as I recall.