And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Built this simple circuit to help out a group in need today:

p1030071s.jpg

Yes, yes I am using the Placid BP to bias the opamps. However I'm trying to resolve what I'm sure is a bone-headed mistake of mine. I have the inputs at close enough to 0V, gain ~1, and thus the output close enough to 0 (0.001V) but somehow the half wave rectifier (edit: right off the first opamp's output) is measuring 7.3V (before it discharges into the multimeter). What am I doing wrong? :palm: The second opamp is a ghetto opamp comparator btw.

Edited by mypasswordis

Went to spin class again this morning. Today was all sprints, seating and standing. My fat thighs actually got in the way. :kitty:

On an unrelated note, in an effort to control the amount of fur on my bed, I bought my cat a soft cat bed yesterday, and put it at the end of my bed, which is where he likes to sleep when he's not on my pillow and on my head. He quite likes it, but can't seem to figure out that his body should go in it. He's spent at least a couple hours smelling and kneading it, and now I am watching him sleeping, wrapped around it on the outside. Stupid, happy kitty.