And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

from my experiences with bank of america with 4 disputes including one amounting to $890 in identity theft charges (money spent on a adult entertainment site) they took care of it immediately. i had to fill out a piece of paper saying i didnt make those purchases and they refunded the money immediately. 3 disputes were for cheap stuff ($50 calling card, $75 ebay purchase, $300 ipod from apple) comparatively. no problems happened there. with the $890 issue, a credit collection agency came after me and i got the police involved eventually and a call from the police officer helping me got the credit collection agency off my back immediately.

wachovia held me responsible for a $22 charge i did not make. refused to cover it even though i didnt make.

should be obvious which institution i bank with now.

Edited by crappyjones123

That is a PITA Dan.

My taxes aren't too bad but I always owe some small amount so I procrastinate. The biggest pain for me is when I am on a panel at a certain government agency in Arlington... for some reason unknown to me, they always reimburse expenses as income... and then you gotta do paperwork if you don't want to pay taxes on it. :angry: At least I don't have to fill out state income tax forms. :)

About a block away from the office on the way home saw a woman trip and fall and smash her face on the sidewalk. Blood everywhere. She was 60 and with her husband and I called an ambulance right away. Fortunately, she was conscious and alert. The woman's daughter showed up after about 10 minutes and they decided to get up and head home. Ambulance arrived about 3 minutes later. :palm: I told the EMTs what happened and they took off. The sound of her head hitting the sidewalk is not easy to forget.

Thanks, Al, and excellent advice. :) I figured I'd want someone to do it for my mom. I even advised the husband to take a picture of the thing she tripped on (a crowd control gate). But I get it. She's hurt, scared, embarrassed (shouldn't be), and just wants to get out of there. Hope she's ok, but her family seemed smart.