And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

We got our tax refund last Friday and paid off a car a year early, all the credit cards, and our spring break trip to visit Duke university. We had the return completed on 2/4 but we held off e-filing until some of the old tax forms that had changed were re-approved by the IRS on 2/14, so we wouldn't have to amend the e-filing later. So it was filed on 2/15 and the Feds and State deposited the cash 10 days later. We changed my wife's withholdings, so she'll get more take home cash per paycheck and the refund next year will be smaller as well - but we figured there's no point in letting the government borrow our money for free when we could use it now or save it ourselves for the vacation fund.

About a block away from the office on the way home saw a woman trip and fall and smash her face on the sidewalk. Blood everywhere. She was 60 and with her husband and I called an ambulance right away. Fortunately, she was conscious and alert. The woman's daughter showed up after about 10 minutes and they decided to get up and head home. Ambulance arrived about 3 minutes later. :palm: I told the EMTs what happened and they took off. The sound of her head hitting the sidewalk is not easy to forget.

Good job, you can never be too safe when the head makes that "thunk" on the sidewalk.

My taxes aren't too bad but I always owe some small amount so I procrastinate.
The rule of thumb is, if you owe money (which you should), you should wait until the last minute to file, keeping the money for as long as you can. Of course, that rule of thumb is based on getting some kind of interest out of that money, and if you're like me, you're not getting very much...maybe 1%...

Went to Pasadena and back today to attend a knife show looking for another chef knife. Nothing got my attention though there were some beautiful collectible knives. Picked up my bike from the shop having it's annualish tune up so I am ready to hit the pavement tomorrow......though not literally I hope.

The rule of thumb is, if you owe money (which you should), you should wait until the last minute to file, keeping the money for as long as you can. Of course, that rule of thumb is based on getting some kind of interest out of that money, and if you're like me, you're not getting very much...maybe 1%...

Or hopefully it's setting in a pile of oil and silver futures contracts, in which case you would be livin' large right now. :)

Haven't you seen mine yet?

Finally had the chance to lug my big fat bulbous arse out of bed for a leisurely bike ride. Finished with my favorite 10 and 13 degree climb up the hill to my house..................... I am not yet in shape for the summer rides. Also forgot to engage my heart monitor so I have no idea if I hit HR max or had a myocardial infarction during the climb.

Hmmm, its getting warm which means it is BBQ weather today.

Edited by Augsburger

Set up the M-22 and it is sounding glorious with the Tekton's. Tonight we're seeing Jimmy Web at SPACE in Evanston. Melting in the dark, all the sweet green icing flowing down...

Like ... congrats, Mike, and enjoy that Class A goodness. Jimmy Webb should be fun in a campy sort of way.

Set up the M-22 and it is sounding glorious with the Tekton's. Tonight we're seeing Jimmy Web at SPACE in Evanston. Melting in the dark, all the sweet green icing flowing down...

Congrats on the M22! Every audiophile should own a Class A amp at some point in life! :)

Haven't you seen mine yet?

Finally had the chance to lug my big fat bulbous arse out of bed for a leisurely bike ride. Finished with my favorite 10 and 13 degree climb up the hill to my house..................... I am not yet in shape for the summer rides. Also forgot to engage my heart monitor so I have no idea if I hit HR max or had a myocardial infarction during the climb.

Hmmm, its getting warm which means it is BBQ weather today.

Nice. I did 80km with my team at a pace that was rather uncomfortable for me, actually I should say I did about 50km with them and spent about 30km dropped and trying to catch back on. Fuckers.

Nice. I did 80km with my team at a pace that was rather uncomfortable for me, actually I should say I did about 50km with them and spent about 30km dropped and trying to catch back on. Fuckers.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

If it were me it would be "I did a 80km club ride and got dropped after the first 10km. I got a late start this morning but caught the club ride at an intersection, I wisely turned left as they turned right.

Got completely humiliated at hockey by a bunch of women. Mind you they were all former members of the Canadian national team and have dozens of gold medals between them so I don't feel too bad about it. On the other hand I still got my ass kicked by a bunch of women in the 40's. Then again so did the rest of the guys on my team so I'm not alone here.

The insurance company, after 3 months of phone calls to them and the assessors, are finally going to pay off a claim, a year late. The stupid assessor didn't send them all the info needed to finalise the claim, so, vastly down on manpower due to floods bloody everywhere in Australia this year, had to go to their archives and dig the file out. I finally got them to get on to it by calling and telling the individual responsible that I was going to damn well call everyone under the sun senior to him if it wasn't done TODAY. Thankfully everyone concerned I talked to (half the people in the office where they process claims at some point or another) and the assessing staff were all very nice. The only downside is the money I get back is about the same as what it cost for all the repairs on my house, so I only really break even.