And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Best wishes Shelly. Hopefully hubby has a good response to iv antibiotics and avoids surgery. I agree that the immunity suppression for the infection may have helped the shingles, and these have covered some of the intestinal symptoms. Anyway, no peritonitis, no perforations... we're still doing great. Good luck and have some rest yourself madam :D

Edited by Torpedo

Spanish MDs have such tiny wages that we get mostly refunds :palm: I'd love having half the income of an American ENT surgeon. Though in this case I'm afraid universal public free health services wouldn't be possible in this country. Trade offs I guess B)

Good idea Ken, really good idea. Once I manage to solve this position thing, I'll be a lot more free for those travelling things. To begin with, I'll have two extra vacation days to get besides the summer holidays.

Great day so far. I went out to lunch at a local mexican place with another student and three of my business professors. Sharing a margarita pitcher with your teachers at 1 p.m. on a Wednesday = fucking winning at life.

Edited by Aura

Nice Bryan! As for me, jumped my mom's car earlier - went to the gym - ate lunch out - made an appointment with a hand doctor for my wrist tendinitis and capped off the work day with a flight of rye and bourbon. Feeling quite good right now and definitely looking forward to the NHL Playoffs tonight!

Went to the Apple store -- my older iPod is acting up -- confirmed that it was the hard drive. For $179, I can get a whole new iPod. I'm tempted to do it, because I dropped it enough times that even if I replace the hard drive, doesn't mean something else could go wrong. Opinions?

EDIT: Alternatively, anyone remember that web page, was it this one that most people successfully follow (I.E. have a working iPod at the end of the day)? Also, what hard drive to order? Are any of these going to be okay?

I'm alright with having to keep the iPod in a protective covering to keep it together -- I do that anyway.

While I was there, I finally saw a retina display, but they didn't have any movies so that I could gauge the resolution, and the signal was too weak to get any sort of resolution on YouTube. But it did look good. Maps had Satellite/Terrain/whatever on, so I could get a sense there, but that's not really the same thing as motion. They did have some movies in the camera, but what I really wanted was some demo sequences, like scenes from Cleopatra 2525 or something.