And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Good call. I went to mine. Still hated everyone.

Good to know. 30th is approaching. Haven't gone to any, not much desire, but a part of me kinda wonders. Maybe we've all grown up, and now everyone will be so much more interesting and nice. Then I think, eh, probably not.

I've gone to my 20th and 25th reunions, after missing my 15th. Had a BLAST! I realized that I had a nostalgia streak a mile wide, and that there were some folks at each that I really cared about and just lost touch over the years. Now, at least thru Social Media, we're still in touch, albeit loosely.

Thank you all. Your support, advice and just being there helped. I'm over my angst now and ready to move forward.

Bit of good news for us in that my wife is first of those laid off to be called back, should they do so. Bit of a reach but there is the possibility she may stay (read bump) and another teacher with less seniority may have to be laid off instead. Still some investigation to find out what is actually going on with the school and this individual. Very selfish on our part to do everything possible to keep her employed.

Dinny , wise choice in missing the reunion. I will be my 40th high school reunion this year but I won't be going. I've been to three and in my case I won't be missing anything.

Moved and spread two yards of mulch this afternoon. Took my wife out to dinner and plan on spending the day with her tomorrow. See if I can help restore some self worth. It's been a tough stretch for her.

I dented my 3 week old iPad 2, even with it almost completely protected in a leather iPad 1 case. It was too loose in an original Apple iPad 1 case, so I used a 3rd party case that didn't cover the corners while I waited for a backordered leather case that's made for iPad 2. I can't understand why Apple didn't make a case for these that protected it like the original. My OCD about it being perfect has kicked in and all I can think about is wanting to replace the aluminum shell somehow. My old iPad 1 is now my wife's and it doesn't have a single scratch or dent after 10 months...

The case I ordered on 4/4 was delayed due to a hibernation issue with the magnets, and it would have protected the corner that got dented.

iPad 2 case

yoobao_executive_genuine_leather_case_for_ipad_2-23.jpg

Bit of good news for us in that my wife is first of those laid off to be called back, should they do so.

Took my wife out to dinner and plan on spending the day with her tomorrow. See if I can help restore some self worth. It's been a tough stretch for her.

Just catching up on this thread. I'm really sorry to hear about this. I know how devastating it can be both financially and emotionally. You'll figure the finances out somehow, I'm glad to see you are giving great emotional support to your wife as well.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Aimless1: Having been laid off enough times in my life and going through the same economic downturn over here, my sincere sympathies.

We finally got everything sorted out to move into a bigger apartment with a nice mountain view in a couple of weeks. Because we just missed peak time (March, in time for the April start of school and work/financial year) instead of having to pay $1-2000 to move, it'll cost $4-500.

I dented my 3 week old iPad 2, even with it almost completely protected in a leather iPad 1 case. My OCD about it being perfect has kicked in and all I can think about is wanting to replace the aluminum shell somehow.

I will do you the favor of taking the dented iPad 2 off your hands at a great discount. :lol:

Went up on my roof and re-attached a 10 ft piece of flashing that had been blown down in the wind storm we had last week. It was a little unnerving, because it was JUST too tall to use my ladder, but I did it anyway. Didn't even fall off or break any bones.

I very much don't have a fear of heights. As a kid I used to do a fair bit of rock climbing, and worked as a lighting and sound tech for a while...I've spent a lot of time way up in the air. The only real treacherous part was the getting back onto the ladder after doing the work.