And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sent in my application for US Citizenship

Awesome! My parents immigrated from the Philippines and became citizens in the mid 1970's. I still remember attending their swearing in as a kid (or whatever it's called when they were finally accepted and went to court). It was a pretty long process even then, and I heard it's even tougher now. But I think it usually goes through if you just jump through all the hoops.

Edited by jvlgato

Hope it works out well for you! Where are you from originally?

Barbados is where I grew up and consider home. I was born in Grenada but we moved to Barbados when I was 6 months old. Now I'm a Canadian citizen as well and the USCIS generally smiles on them so I'm applying as a Canadian.

No good jokes springing forth sadly, nice hut though. I was really into road bikes in my early twenties. Campagnolo was king then.

Good luck on the test!

Funny thing is that most taking the test fare far batter than those born in the U.S. today. The average knowledge of U.S. history is crap today, as well as most other subjects our kids are not required to learn anymore.

Just want to state that I don't feel that's at all reflective of our teachers. It has a lot more to do with budget cuts, and todays schoolboard ideaology of 'Shovel 'em through and let someone else worry about it'.