And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Yeah, I'm going to get some phone numbers handy for some local tow trucks so I have them ahead of time.

They've been doing this for over a year so they've had umpteen chances to change their ways.

I dont understand the arrogance of doing such a thing to someone. "Its just 2 minutes, its no big deal" is the usual response I get.

Nevermind the fact that I saw them park there over half an hour before I came outside, and nevermind the fact that "its just 2 minutes" to park in the legal spot as well huh.gif

In SF (and likely other cities) some people create additional markers (with spray painted lines on edge of driveway, etc.) signaling a more serious response to parkers. Shouldn't be your duty, but it works. Or there's always the Visualize World Peace variation of...

13311713_f71395eac6.jpg

Went to my second contact lens fitting appointment. Now my eyes are really irritated from me trying to put in/take out contact lenses couple of times. Hopefully, it gets easier with more practice.

I used to wear contacts. It was REALLY hard to get the darn things in and out at first. It was so bad, that the optician who was supposed to be helping me gave up and just said to go practice at home. After a few days at home, it got really easy. And I have really small eyes. So I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

Congrats Brother-of-Dan!

Yesterday Karen left to be part of an EPA panel in DC. So Peter and I had a nice father and son day. Dropped him off at school in the morning and then puttered around the house trying to get things knocked off the honey-do list. Picked him up a bit early from the after-school program so we could get in 1 1/2 hours of Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on the Wii. Then off to soccer practice and then dinner at Los Potrillos. Came home got him bathed read some magic tree house and off to bed. I was frickin' exhausted.

Currently working on an application for a statistician position with the Feds out of Anchorage. Not sure if I will really send it but I need to update my CV anyway, so what the hell.

Edited by morphsci

Jim I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. It's big enough to have the advantages of a city, but small enough not to have to deal with heavy traffic and such. It's quite modern, and the city is kept up very well. Lots of flowers all over town in the summer, and great parks too. More bike trails than anywhere else in the country. You can drive 30 minutes and be in the middle of nowhere. The winters are long, but pretty mild. You'll feel warmer than Chicago, because it's bone dry. Even a few decent brew pubs.

Congrats Brother-of-Dan!

Yesterday Karen left to be part of an EPA panel in DC. So Peter and I had a nice father and son day. Dropped him off at school in the morning and then puttered around the house trying to get things knocked off the honey-do list. Picked him up a bit early from the after-school program so we could get in 1 1/2 hours of Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on the Wii. Then off to soccer practice and then dinner at Los Potrillos. Came home got him bathed read some magic tree house and off to bed. I was frickin' exhausted.

Currently working on an application for a statistician position with the Feds out of Anchorage. Not sure if I will really send it but I need to update my CV anyway, so what the hell.

Woah. Aren't you a Bio professor?

Visited the DDS for a crown prep. Though I generally avoid getting numbed, because he was prepping for a post as well as the crown I thought it might be a good idea. I'll never know because the drug didn't do anything. Drilling straight down the center of the molar was great fun this morning. My head finally stopped hurting about an hour ago.