And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Got to the bottom of the bag of pistachios and then made a bad decision...

What I should have done is throw away that last handful of stubborn shells that I couldn't bust open with my hands. Or alternatively, I suppose I could have laid them on the countertop and given them some light taps with a hammer or other similar instrument.

Instead, I decided it would be a good idea to bust them all open with my teeth... forgetting as one does in these instances of temporary insanity that I've had a lot of dental work done over the years, including a crown that several minutes later was found on the floor. Clean break of the post (or whatever they call it after doing the root canal and then preparing the area to accept the crown).

So hopefully Dr. Fred can fix it with some crazy glue tomorrow. Long gone are the days of employer provided dental insurance, so this one will be out of pocket.

Saw a rough cut of the movie for which I recorded dialog. Not bad, but it needs a lot of work still. The two post pivotal scenes look (and SOUND) pretty good.

Got paid for a photo shoot I did in early January ...via PayPal e-check, which takes 3-5 business days to clear. Also got an impatient text from the client about an hour after he sent payment. Dude took 4 1/2 months to pay and used a method that won't clear until the end of next week. :basement:

Also, my sodding blackberry died today, or at least became majorly ill. After two hours of futzing with it, I've got it to boot again. Next step is to back up my data and then test it out. Good thing I'm not trying to do a radio show tonight. :palm:

Things are in a holding pattern with Andrew. The moved him to a nearby NICU last night for no real reason other than the docs at the local hospital were out of ideas. I wish they'd made that decision before 11pm last night. But everyone that's seen him thinks it's just a little immaturity that he'll grow out of. The next 24/48 will hopefully prove that out. Thanks again for all the well wishes, some day this will be a minor anecdote.

Thomas spent a few days in NICU. Hopefully things turn out as well for Andrew as they did for Thomas. or better of course.

So far today, I've purchased the hardware necessary to build my daughters' bunk beds, then actually built them. Now we're getting ready to go watch On Stranger Tides, VERY loosely based on Tim Powers' novel of the same name.

Wow, just saw this. Congrats Nate!

My step-daughter had twins in January, and they did the exact same thing with the boy. Sometimes I think the hospital staff and doctors would like to err on the side of caution, and honestly it doesn't hurt for everyone to be just a little cautious at this point.

Whisper in his ear that you have a new tube amp at home for him to audition and you will be leaving shortly .... smile.gif

I just got out the shower clean and dry after spending the last 3 hours pressure washing our house. It took longer than expected since the pressure washer was leaking like a sieve at the handle/trigger, thus much less resulting pressure. Lesson of the day - even if the outside temperature is in low 70s, the faucet water is still really cold at this time of the year.