And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

i went on a brisk 6 mile hike around town, earlier, to start breaking my boots in and get into a little better shape for backpacking. i would have gone further, but it's just so fucking hot.

Exercise?! What's going on?!

Good for you! :)

thanks! i've been doing 3 or 4 miles two or three times a week, for a while now. as soon as i figure out where to put it, i'm going to take my mother's Airdyne, which she doesn't use anymore.

Nice. I have a stationary bike in my basement, where my speakers are. Listening to good music, I can fire off 30 minutes of cardio in the morning before the kids wake up, while surfing and emailing on the ipad. It's not in the acoustic sweet spot, but it's not bad at all, and a good CD sure makes it easier to exercise!

Oh, and Mike, watched the same storm pass by us. Pretty impressive!

Edited by jvlgato

Jacob, the Airdyne is the hardest cardio machine I've ever tried. At Crossfit on Thursday, as part of the WOD, we had to do five rounds of 20-second sprints with two minute rests in between. By the last one, I wasn't sure I was going to make it my car without getting sick. It's a killer machine.

Finished Spartan Race in Tuxedo, NY. It was much tougher than I thought it would be. I figured it would be like Warrior Dash which I did last year, but it was much more difficult. It took me more than twice the time to cover the same distance.

Picked up the Roubaix from the bike shop and figured the only appropriate thing would be to ride it the 6 miles home. I think I'm going to like this bike.

That sounds like an interesting bike.

I once purchased a new riding mower and didn't have any way to haul it. So I rode it about 2 miles home.cool.gif

Came to a verbal agreement today to rent a 2 BR apartment in a 100 ranch house. There are 3 apts in the house and my best friend's son-in-law will be taking another one of them. We'll sublet the 3rd apt. It's on 80 acres just north of SB. It's wonderfully quiet and scenic. Best of all, this means I will be able to stay in SB a little longer.

Came to a verbal agreement today to rent a 2 BR apartment in a 100 ranch house. There are 3 apts in the house and my best friend's son-in-law will be taking another one of them. We'll sublet the 3rd apt. It's on 80 acres just north of SB. It's wonderfully quiet and scenic. Best of all, this means I will be able to stay in SB a little longer.

That sounds great Ken. Congrats!

Had a fairly long talk with my mom about politics, religion, society, culture, etc until it got thoroughly derailed when I heard the Mass Effect 2 trailer music used for some commercial involving Twilight, which prompted an epic off-topic rant.

Great ken! Moar meets and lunches! :jbl:

Thanks all. This means definitely more meets and lunches.

Ken, does that mean I miss your house selling? Congratulations!

Unfortunately you've missed nothing. The house has not yet sold. With 7 animals, I can't let a chance like this pass. Almost nobody would rent to me. Also it may help to sell with the animals and I living elsewhere. It will sell and I can afford (barely) to carry both for a while.