And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

That's super pimp shelly. When I first started teaching I wanted to convert all students to math majors. A few years later I'm content with hey you with the funny name. I don't hate math as much. Thanks. Hearing that is surprisingly pleasant.

Nice of her to not waste the money on a pair of shoes. Nicer of you to promote kids her age to think critically.

I toast you with a tall glass of lemonade.

Edited by crappyjones123

Yay Shelly! The proof is in the pudding that you are making a difference.

Last night I attended my first networking event for the Chicagoland chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma. It was a great time and I for sure made a few important connections for the future, including meeting a senior manager at accenture. He's part of the same division I'll be working in, so that was very good for me to meet him.

Awesome job Shelly, you should be proud of yourself!

Renewed my lease today. Despite my best efforts into charming my way into a lower renewal price it simply didn't work. Ended up paying $50 more monthly just as they offered 60 days ago. They did offer to give me a free carpet steaming but I have to "ask" after my new lease term in is effect. Basically, they offered to turn my shit brown shade carpet into a sparkly clean shit brown carpet :palm:

I have been thinking the same thing! :P In a similar vein, the head of my firm has insisted that people stop the practice of sending thank-you emails because they are so wasteful when we are all inundated already. His point is that we can just agree and assume that others are thankful. I was put to the test the other day when i had to inform him about my mother's passing and my lack of billing as a consequence. When he sent a nice understanding note in response, I had to fight the urge to say thanks. I don't think even Shelly would push the "congrat" model that far though! :lol:

Spent the afternoon at emergency after getting into a pretty bad car crash. I'm alright, my neck was a bit stiff so they wanted to keep me under observation, but the x-rays and scan came out ok. The other guy was in bad shape though, I ran straight into his door on the driver's side. He tried to do a u-turn and never looked to see if there was a car coming, I didn't even have time to break (at around 50kmh/30mph). According to police report, the accident is all his fault and my insurances should cover everything, so that's all good. I sincerely hope the other driver is ok though.

Yeah, overall it was a total waste of a beautiful and sunny Saturday afternoon, but shit happens. On the plus side, it could have been much worse, fortunately the front of my car absorbed most of the impact. And the doctor who treated me at emergency was a 20-something cutie with a beautiful smile. :D

Spent the afternoon at emergency after getting into a pretty bad car crash. I'm alright, my neck was a bit stiff so they wanted to keep me under observation, but the x-rays and scan came out ok. The other guy was in bad shape though, I ran straight into his door on the driver's side. He tried to do a u-turn and never looked to see if there was a car coming, I didn't even have time to break (at around 50kmh/30mph). According to police report, the accident is all his fault and my insurances should cover everything, so that's all good. I sincerely hope the other driver is ok though.

Glad you didn't get hurt too badly.