And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I suspect that I have well over 100 pairs of boxers, although a bunch of them are in the motorhome. Got tired of taking clothes back and forth so I bought about 40-50 pairs one day at JC Penneys when they had a sale.

Must have 200 casual shirts and 50 dress shirts as well, and that's just in any given size (3XL at the moment). I've got portfolio boxes stacked from the floor to the ceiling three rows deep in one of my closets with old but seldom worn clothes that don't fit me at the moment. The boxes are marked as, "38-42 casual shorts" or "Dress shirts 17-18" neck" or "2XL polo shirts." So when I lose 20-30 pounds, I head to the closet to pull out the relevant boxes, and then fill them back up with the larger stuff that is getting too baggy. When I gain the weight back, I reverse the process. I've got every size covered from 190 pounds straight through to 310. I've gained and lost 100+ pounds three times in my life so far, and have had several more 50 pound swings.

Oh, and every year without fail, I buy 10 new big fluffy towels and 10 hand towels as well, and then give the old ones away. They're still almost like new when I give them away, so I've always got requests from people to be next in line. My towels are like American flags. They never touch the ground, and always get hung up immediately to air dry, then reused one more time, then off to the laundry pile. I have this thing about underwear and towels. They've got to be fresh. It's not such a big investment when you're only buying for one person.

Heh, funny, I do the same with my towels, except they stick around for a few years. Gotta be bath sheets too. Tiny little towels just annoy me.

When I was a kid we got 5 pair of underwear each, and I told myself I'd have plenty when I got older. :)

I've been on wild goose chases with Frys. Two trips and still nothing. I went to pick up some stuff that their website said they had... they didn't. So I called up next day just to see if they had any stored in the back.. Oh yes, said the guy on the phone, we have a whole bunch of them, I'm looking at them now. Ok I said, put five away for me. Sure, just give the cashier your name and they'll be waiting. I head off again this morning. The sales assistant looked at me blankly after checking to find nothing put away. So we go to see where they keep the stocks... nothing. In the end we figured out that the guy I spoke to on the phone was retarded and was actually looking at a completely different thing even though I'd given him the stock number, description and price.

To say I'm pissed at the dumb shits at Frys would be an understatement. They really are the Walmart of electronics and you have to fail high school to apply for the job there.

Must have 200 casual shirts and 50 dress shirts as well, and that's just in any given size (3XL at the moment). I've got portfolio boxes stacked from the floor to the ceiling three rows deep in one of my closets with old but seldom worn clothes that don't fit me at the moment. The boxes are marked as, "38-42 casual shorts" or "Dress shirts 17-18" neck" or "2XL polo shirts." So when I lose 20-30 pounds, I head to the closet to pull out the relevant boxes, and then fill them back up with the larger stuff that is getting too baggy. When I gain the weight back, I reverse the process. I've got every size covered from 190 pounds straight through to 310. I've gained and lost 100+ pounds three times in my life so far, and have had several more 50 pound swings.

That is very organized!

My towels are like American flags. They never touch the ground, and always get hung up immediately to air dry, then reused one more time, then off to the laundry pile. I have this thing about underwear and towels. They've got to be fresh. It's not such a big investment when you're only buying for one person.
(thumbs up) I am similar, except I am just adamant about washing them, don't replace them every year. My current set have lasted for several years.

Good stuff, Haj! We were lucky to have a great guy work with us, he did it for us twice with no-points-no-closing. Between the first mortgage and the last, we cut it down from 26 years *remaining on 30) to 15, and cut our monthly cost almost $400. In the right conditions, refinancing roolz. The only bad thing was that the money saved went to something other than music, audio, or booze.

Edited by skullguise

Good stuff, Haj! We were lucky to have a great guy work with us, he did it for us twice with no-points-no-closing. Between the first mortgage and the last, we cut it down from 26 years *remaining on 30) to 15, and cut our monthly cost almost $400. In the right conditions, refinancing roolz. The only bad thing was that the money saved went to something other than music, audio, or booze.

Tell me about it. It's all going to the increased cost of daycare now that we won't have a (relatively speaking) cheap onsite daycare come end-of-August.

i have a very similar philosophy. it appears that I'm going to have to start buying towels for two people, though, as i won't have my girlfriend's scraggly, shedding, worn out towels in our putative shared domicile.

Which brings up the whole matter of women and laundry. Domestic friction can result. Caution should be applied. Be gallant. Volunteer. Particularly where your own clothes, specifically the ones you don't want shrunken to, let's see, maybe your significant other's size, are involved. Be very suspicious of spousal clothing of bright color. Women's clothing is colored with incredibly fugitive dye. Of course, some people are quite open minded about pink underwear and dress shirts that used to be white. Me, not so much.

Why in heaven's name gender would have anything to do with a predisposition to setting the washer to abusive temperatures or why an industry that caters to women would discriminate against its best customers with inferior materials is totally beyond me. Sometimes frightening experience trumps logic.

Just sayin.

Which brings up the whole matter of women and laundry. Domestic friction can result. Caution should be applied. Be gallant. Volunteer. Particularly where your own clothes, specifically the ones you don't want shrunken to, let's see, maybe your significant other's size, are involved. Be very suspicious of spousal clothing of bright color. Women's clothing is colored with incredibly fugitive dye. Of course, some people are quite open minded about pink underwear and dress shirts that used to be white. Me, not so much.Why in heaven's name gender would have anything to do with a predisposition to setting the washer to abusive temperatures or why an industry that caters to women would discriminate against its best customers with inferior materials is totally beyond me. Sometimes frightening experience trumps logic.Just sayin.

Now there's a man who's been married for a while! :)

That was nice of you Larry.

aside from the part where you're sharing pictures of her without her permission.

Oh, she won't mind. Sixteen year old girls who are self conscious of their looks LOVE it when their fathers take secret pictures of their newly bloodied, gashed chins which they received from passing out, while being worked on by their plastic surgeons and then post it on a public forum for their audio geek friends to see. Teens are funny that way, you know.