And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

While the hubby and I are saving all our shower water and water from dishwashing to flush our toilets, others are not being so smart - on the way to work this morning, I saw a guy watering his concrete driveway. I should have pulled over and given him a piece of my mind. Selfish people make me angry.

I remembered something funny... thought you guys would enjoy it.

When I woke up from amnesia (errrr... anesthesia), when I finally came to I realize it was about 3 hours post-op. I noticed restraints had been used. I don't remember that part, but I asked about it. Chick said they had used them on me. I apologized to her, and said I was an "ad guy", didn't expect to behave that way. I then remembered a little deeper...

I thought I was a character on "Mad Men"

**BRENT**

Post-surgery update:

I've been home a couple days, some good, some bad. Right now, though, just had my bandage removed. I'm nauseous at the site of the work. I have a picture or two, but seriously, made me sick to look at.

I'm getting around a little sans-walker, but oft times having it at arm's-length just in case. My balance is decent, and I was able to take a shower on my own from beginning to end yesterday, but it took a lot out of me. I'm making quite a few trips up and down the hall daily, probably a couple hundred feet at a time. I try to push +1 from yesterday, or the time before, but not overexert too much, as I don't mind pushing limits, but exceeding them could be detrimental.

I appreciate the calls, thoughts, well-wishes and visits.

**BRENT**

Prepare to become a giant ball of goo when you meet your daughter.

Hell, I was a mess last night just reading other dads birthing stories. Can't even imagine the real deal.

Funny, I went from expecting a girl (measurement label), to a boy (extra limb/probably cord), back to a girl (money shot) in about six minutes. Strange how the mind creates paths through the future in such a short time. Weird the different directions. I have to watch that.

Edited by blessingx