And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Not as serious as those in Irene, but made me pretty happy.

Got my Powermac G5 running again. The Apple store "genius" sure as hell couldn't kitty.jpg After getting it to boot last Sunday (wife took it down there) after reseating the RAM, only comment was "can't get parts for these anymore". Maybe if you built the parts correctly, this wouldn't be an issue facepalm.png

Probably only temporary, as I will wind up needing to pull the logic board and fixing some of the goddamn leadfree solder issues around the DIMM sockets (184 pins x 4). I used a heatgun to heat these up, reinserted the memory (after allowing it to cool). Boot... yay! First time in a week. Passed memtest twice on the RAM I have installed. Sent the 2G back to Crucial, so will reinstall when the new (or old) ones return.

my mom had a problem with her g5 a few years back. I asked a genius about it. He asked, "whats a g5?" facepalm.png

Edited by jinp6301

Just came back from the New England Aquarium. There were decent number of folks at both the aquarium and Quincy market area, though probably less than usual due to Irene. Libby really enjoyed the aquarium though she was initially afraid of seals in the outside tank.

Oh, and while I looked rather ridiculous with my Think Tank Digital Holster and couple of pouches, there were plenty of other parents who looked just as ridiculous with their backpack/baby carrier/etc. getup.

Good to know. You just save me time and rolls of painter tapes, thanks, Shelly!

I remember taking my niece to the NE Aquarium. She was about 4 at the time - she really loved the penguins but kept yelling at them telling them not to fight. :)

No need trying to keep yourself from looking ridiculous when you have kids.... there is really no hope.

Got up this morning, cooked for a party, then went out for a supposedly brutal (as advertised) workout with my co-workers to a sports performance gym next door to my job. I'd been talking to my co-workers over the past couple days, since most of them are really athletic and in shape, telling them to not expect much from me. Turns out the exercises were all easy versions of what we do in CrossFit every day. Example: 3 sets of AMRAP (one min) squat to overhead presses with a medicine ball; in Crossfit you then throw it up 10 feet to a little spot on the wall then catch before starting out again. Outside of the two other Crossfitters who showed up, I looked like a star, minus the fact I'm still the fattest undecided.gif Then went to a party at Crossfit for the end of the 6-week MVT Challenge. Although I really didn't think I'd lost much body fat and only lost 4 lbs., after pinching my fat all over my body with calipers, I'm down 15.6%. Although I'm still struggling with the meat thing (mostly a texture thing), and psychologically getting into it, I have to admit I feel better than I have in years. I actually feel really great. Other than a couple stolen French Fries, and a tiny bit of cheese plus some cream on my berries, I've stuck to a strict paleo diet for 6 weeks: garden vegetables, especially greens, lean meats, fish, nuts and seeds, little starch, some fruit, and no sugar. It's weirdly easy, and I have zero cravings for cheat food right now, though will have cheat meals if I want them. All in all a good experience. I just woke up from a little nap, and think it's time to listen to some cds I got last week but haven't had time to hear yet while avoiding cleaning the kitchen. :)

Damn, Vicki, you are just badass! Good for you! :)

Me- just got off the phone w/ Discover Card because of some suspicious charges I saw via emails I get when large charges post. Yup, my card number has been used all over the country for the last few days for a couple thousand here, a couple hundred there. Today there were 3 charges of $552.06 for Verizon Wireless in California. Kinda surprised their fraud detecting algorithm didn't pick up on it. Usually, if I buy two expensive things in the same day, they're calling me that day to ask if I bought those things due to suspected fraudulent activity. I know I'm not responsible for any of those charges, but it still pisses me off, and it's mighty inconvenient.

Me- just got off the phone w/ Discover Card because of some suspicious charges I saw via emails I get when large charges post. Yup, my card number has been used all over the country for the last few days for a couple thousand here, a couple hundred there. Today there were 3 charges of $552.06 for Verizon Wireless in California. Kinda surprised their fraud detecting algorithm didn't pick up on it. Usually, if I buy two expensive things in the same day, they're calling me that day to ask if I bought those things due to suspected fraudulent activity. I know I'm not responsible for any of those charges, but it still pisses me off, and it's mighty inconvenient.

Sorry to hear this, hope it gets resolved easily enough, with minimal hassle.

I had my CC # stolen, I THINK from Tiger Direct. I always used PayPal with them, and one time I used my card. Next thing I know, I get a call from the CC company (they have been quite good to me), with two charges to Tiger Direct. They instantly credited me, and I also called Tiger Direct; they stupidly gave me the ship-to address (from what i learned later, they're not supposed to do that), and I told them they may want to hold/return/cancel the shipment. The sad part is, even with an address, I called my local police and the police in the CA jurisdiction, and no one seemed to want to do anything.....too much of a hassle.....

Sorry to hear this, hope it gets resolved easily enough, with minimal hassle.

I had my CC # stolen, I THINK from Tiger Direct. I always used PayPal with them, and one time I used my card. Next thing I know, I get a call from the CC company (they have been quite good to me), with two charges to Tiger Direct. They instantly credited me, and I also called Tiger Direct; they stupidly gave me the ship-to address (from what i learned later, they're not supposed to do that), and I told them they may want to hold/return/cancel the shipment. The sad part is, even with an address, I called my local police and the police in the CA jurisdiction, and no one seemed to want to do anything.....too much of a hassle.....

Hmmmm, I buy from Tiger Direct periodically as well and my CC# seems to be compromised on average once every six months, I wonder. We are very careful with out on line purchases but I would not be surprised if some of the retailers we use have their systems hacked.

Although I really didn't think I'd lost much body fat and only lost 4 lbs., after pinching my fat all over my body with calipers, I'm down 15.6%.

Vicki: That is so frickin' awesome!!! (Although I am jealous. :) )

Dang, that really sucks. I hate criminals and hate dealing with credit card companies.

Wow, interesting! Well, I had no purchases from them or anyone else around that time, so I can't figure it out. The last time I had one stolen, it was right after I was traveling in Wisconsin, and this one self serve gas station unit was acting funny and wouldn't dispense any gas. I think its innards were probably replaced by a card reading unit.

Although it was only 104 today (1 degree less than yesterday's 105 and 4 degrees cooler than some other parts of Houston), I pretty much stayed indoors. I wonder how much our electricity bill will be with almost everyday in August being above 100. Might need to sell some gear. smile.png At least I don't live in Austin where is reportedly hit 110 today! Marc: Are you still alive?

Edited by shellylh

Today was insane. I made the mistake of promising to clean out the garage this weekend. I basically had to take a break every hour and drink a half gallon of water. Also, tomorrow is the first day of moving to the new HP building and last week involved packing up the old office. That was insane too. Yeah, way too hot.

So I've been trying to ween myself off of pain pills... at least cut back a lot. This time last week it was 2x 15mg ext release morphine, 1-2 7.5/325 percosets every 4-6 hours, with the same instructions for 2mg valiums.

I've cut out the valium (about out of them anyways), and down to about 3 percs a day. I tried last night to skip the morphine (was suspecting it was adding to my sleeping troubles), and then I kinda realized how much pain I'm in. That sucked. Took another perc, grabbed a 3 hour nap, and got up around 8:30. Think I'm going to try taking the morphine tonight and not take it in the morning, just the percs. Being adopted, I don't know if addiction problems run in my family, but it does all around me, so I'm trying to tip-toe around it.

At least I'm starting to get feeling back in the lower half of my body (to some degree). That's a comfort. Had some friends take me out to eat... first time I've ventured out without my walker. Good times, good times.

**BRENT**