And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I thought you were gonna lose control of one or more bodily functions. laugh.png Everything about the pic was completely unplanned and unexpected.

I would have apologized, but been grateful ;)

Mission: transfer liquidy goodness to tiny spouted flask. Tiny funnel was missing. Insert measuring cup (spout too big) and long cylinder with holes on each end. Voila! Add in some Diet Mtn Dew, a biscuit, and some bacon... well... there you have it!

**BRENT**

I would have apologized, but been grateful wink.png

Mission: transfer liquidy goodness to tiny spouted flask. Tiny funnel was missing. Insert measuring cup (spout too big) and long cylinder with holes on each end. Voila! Add in some Diet Mtn Dew, a biscuit, and some bacon... well... there you have it!

**BRENT**

While all of those ingredients are great, that sounds like one nasty cocktail.

Missed the beer cellar Al - very cool.

Spoiler alert: Below, I am just complaining about our drought and how Lee is making it worse. Don't read it unless you care to hear me whine some more which I am sure you don't.

I am getting extremely fed up with the weather. I didn't think that tropical storm Lee could make things worse for Texas but... It cooler now (high of 90) and that is very nice. However, it is extremely frustrating to be within a couple hundred miles of places that are getting several inches of rain from Lee. On the other hand, we are getting anti-rain. Not only are we getting drier air and only got 0.2" of rain, but we are geting a lot of wind. This, with the dry brush and stupid people who live here is creating wild fires that have to be put out with the little water we have left in our reservoirs. Also, power outages (which has nothing to do with the drought but it a little annoying). It is depressing to be outside because you just see tons of beautiful 80 year old live oaks that are slowly dying because they cannot get enough water. With my mom's bad health for the past year, my other family problems, and the drought, I feel like I am not enjoying life much - which sucks. Maybe I should get some meds. Enough ranting. I hope everyone read my spolier and decided to skip this paragraph.

Maybe I should get some meds.

Or mix a Manhattan. smile.png

Sorry about the dry spell. When I was at university, the region we were in went through the worst drought in recorded history. Farmers were shooting livestock to put them out of their misery, as they were too emaciated to be sold. On the human side, people got really, really, really tetchy. There's something about constant heat and dust and anxiety that brings out the film noir in everyone.

On the human side, people got really, really, really tetchy. There's something about constant heat and dust and anxiety that brings out the film noir in everyone.

This is why there will never be peace in the middle east - and Australians will always be violent criminals, for that matter. Too fricken hot.

Shelly, sorry about the drought. We have been on water restrictions for more than a year but at least we are getting rain. '

Al, cool fridge and nice selection.

Greg, Jp is back. As I understand it, he is watched 24/7 until his 90 day probationary period expires. They are taking no chances this time. Who can blame them.

Well, no good updates. They did a craniotomy (?) and now have a bit more room to work with and an easy access titanium plate. My dad was on plavix and some sort of membrane formed on the brain that the surgeon is not wanting to strip, two minor complications I suppose. Waiting until tomorrow for another scan to assess progress. Thanks for the good wishes all. I am hoping everyone around here will sleep tonite :)

I have spent a few hours cleaning out our so-called basement, and decided to turn the antique refrigerator (non-functioning) into a beer cellar. This thing seems to have been original to the house, and actually supports the bottom floor of the house because a joist rests right on it.

Never underestimate the importance of strong foundation.

Marc - Good wishes sent your way.

Shelly - I hate it when good trees are threatened like that. But they usually pull through.

Fitz - I also hate it when credit cards get cloned. What a pisser. The detective on my case(s) has actually convinced me to use cash, at least a little, like when dodgy-looking clerks take the card out of sight to swipe it (forgive the pun.)

Aura - do they have potential record-cleaning stuff there?

-- I'm "working" the easy middle day in what otherwise would be a four day weekend :-)

Thanks for the support about the drought. I am feeling a little better than I was this morning. It probably helped that my mom had her first "good" day today (meaning she got out of the house and was not in severe pain). I am watering the trees right now. Also, got some stuff done for work that has been hanging over my head for a couple of months - that felt good. Now the problem is that I cannot choose between a Manhattan or G&T! Life is tough. :)

Marc: Sorry to hear there are no good updates on your dad yet. Sending good wishes your way. It must be very difficult to go through what you are going through right now.

Marc - Sorry to hear about your dad. Sending best wishes your way.

Shelly - Here's hoping you guys get decent chunk of rain soon. Just not as much as parts of Japan has received in the past few days.

Al - Awesome beer storage!

Just got home from my folks' place in Maine. It was nice for us to see them and for them to see Libby, but we sure hate the ~4.5 hour drive. We did get to spend some time today in Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park for a bit. We had the pleasure of having possibly the slowest (and rather unfriendly) waiter ever bringing us crappy food, including really bad Fish & Chips. The national park was really crowded though we did see a lot of fantastic views that would've made for awesome shots - I didn't stop to take any photos since Libby fell asleep almost immediately after we got to the park and we decided she could use a nap (i.e., she'd have woken up had we stopped). So instead, we just drove to the top of Cadillac mountain and drove back out.

@Marc: I sincerely hope for some good news in the very near future.

@Shelly: As a fellow southerner who is no stranger to droughts, I hope the weather patterns change and you get some much overdue rain.

I got a fairly expensive speeding ticket on the way back from Brent's (state patrol had a pretty major fundraiser setup in Bartow county), which he seemed to feel pretty bad about. I'd like anyone to reassure him that it was my stupid butt that's at fault, and he had absolutely no part in the matter and shouldn't feel the least bit bad about it. I talked my way out of what would've been an even more expensive one a month or two ago, so I don't feel this is entirely unfair for me to get.

Fitz - I also hate it when credit cards get cloned. What a pisser. The detective on my case(s) has actually convinced me to use cash, at least a little, like when dodgy-looking clerks take the card out of sight to swipe it (forgive the pun.)

It's more the hassle of having one less card than it is the actual theft. My bank is pretty easy to deal with about it... unless it's a pretty large sum of money, they'll credit the money back and issue a new card without me having to take any other steps. Only time I had to do more was a couple years ago when they made the brilliant decision to order a bunch of shit online and ship it to their apartment. Since it was pretty close to where I live and a decent amount of money, they were a little more reluctant, so I just had to call the local PD and file a police report over the phone, gave the bank the case number, and then they released me from any responsibility for it.

Good luck to your dad Marc, sending best wishes that way!

Haj, too bad you didn't get pics up at Acadia, but even those don't do it justice IMO....truly a beautiful place with the small sandy beach area, lake (Jordan Pond), mountians, forest, and ocean. My wife and I spent 5 days in that area when my son went to sleep-away camp.... BTW, was the bad restaurant experience @ Jordan Pond, or elsewhere in Bar Harbor area? We had a very good experience - twice - at Jordan Pond.

The drought teamed with the winds are a disaster down in Texas right now. Just got a message that four people from our Bastrop (outside of Austin) office have lost their homes to fire today. Good luck everyone down there.

Edited by VPI

Jeff, sorry to hear about the people in your Bastrop office. That is awful.

The wildfires are out of control in Texas (literally). We can smell a little bit of smoke here (probably from the Bastrop fire and all the wind). I hope they get the fire under control at some point. The fire seems to be at 0 percent containment right now. :(

We were originally planning to BBQ a steak today but maybe we'll do a little indoor cooking instead.