And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I woke up to find the screen on my CR-48 (Google laptop) is shot because someone closed it with a pair of IEMs between the keyboard and screen. This was on top of a horrible day yesterday (I'm uninsured as of Midnight last night), and my baller cellphone plans are going away in 6 more days. Today was also the first day of not having the FMLA option at work, and they call mandatory overtime for the rest of the week.

Luckily I was able to call the doc and get a bunch of prescriptions called in before insurance ended (an abrupt stop), so nabbed enough pain meds to get me through 2-3 months, if need be. Fun fun, no?

**BRENT**

I'm medically uninsured, yes. I should be able to get insurance again soon, worst case, January, it just won't be as good as what I had, OR as inexpensive. I wish I would have had more notice than 11 hours... kids have dentist appointments that could have been moved up if given a week's head's up. Grrrr...

The kids have a back-up insurance, but it's nowhere near as good as what paid for my back surgery, and a bunch of other stuff the past 5 years.

**BRENT**

I had insurance through K... I can get it through work now for everyone, but not sure if I can get it. Thankfully, Open Enrollment is this week, so worst case, I'll get it Jan1, but I SHOULD be able to get something sooner. I just hate the the coverage isn't as good, co-pays, deductibles, and max out-of-pocket is higher, coverage levels lower, and the cost is about 2/3rds higher/pay period. The hospital I had the surgery at isn't covered period, and I found out that no hospitals in Nashville (2 hours away) take the insurance. I work at an insurance company in TN. Tennessee is in the NAME, yet their coverage isn't good in the state's capital? Yeah... :palm:

**BRENT**

"Life Events" should be a good cause to get insurance earlier. Losing other insurance is one of those events, at least up here in Mass.

Good luck, and sorry to hear of the issues..... Also feel better wishes to Brian, and power wishes to all without.

Got cable services back today, so catching up online. ALMOST back to normal, at least my relative version thereof.

Did I miss something? How the hell did they end your insurance with no notice? Can they DO that?

Wow, Brent. You might qualify for a gov program for insurance for your kids. My old roommate got her son on one when her income was low. it covered pretty much everything, including dental and eye.

Good points ...here in Illinois, at least, you're given 30 days of insurance after the termination date with the option to purchase Cobra for one year (though most can't afford this). Also, Illinois Medicaid is available for the kids of anyone who is uninsured.

yeah. i think the un-engaging part will be okay in a day or two, but the knee part won't be. it's my fault: not having a car, i ran full speed all the way down. hit the last street, felt something tear, and then puked (oh it hurt, and hurts). how fun. i guess i should have just said "fuck it, women i love are a dime a dozen."

The fuck dude? Be ok, OK?

I had insurance through K... I can get it through work now for everyone, but not sure if I can get it. Thankfully, Open Enrollment is this week, so worst case, I'll get it Jan1, but I SHOULD be able to get something sooner. I just hate the the coverage isn't as good, co-pays, deductibles, and max out-of-pocket is higher, coverage levels lower, and the cost is about 2/3rds higher/pay period. The hospital I had the surgery at isn't covered period, and I found out that no hospitals in Nashville (2 hours away) take the insurance. I work at an insurance company in TN. Tennessee is in the NAME, yet their coverage isn't good in the state's capital? Yeah... facepalm.png

**BRENT**

Brent, you should be eligible to enroll in your own plan regardless of the open enrollment period due to a qualifying event. Absent that, I believe you should be covered under COBRA.