And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Jacob - get well on all accounts broski.

Mike - good solution for the bedside rig for now smile.png

Allison and I left Chicago out of Midway at 10:05 this morning. 4 hours later touched down in Orange County, CA. Got the rental car (upgrade to a new Ford Fusion, it seems quite nice) and met up with my friend Dan and his family at Fashion Island in Newport Beach. Lunch followed by gelato. Dropped Dan off at the Balboa Bay Club (where we will be staying at over the weekend) and now laying around lazily in our room in the far less ritzy Radisson Newport Beach.

Anyone familiar with the area have immediate recommendations for something to go do tonight? biggrin.png

Also, lots of $100,000 Mercedes, Porsches, and Maseratis 'round these parts.

Edited by Aura

Jacob - WTF? I'm speechless.

Bryan - have fun

We had an interesting evening. I got home, poured a Famous Grouse, sat down to enjoy it and the door bell rings. My wife answers and a stranger asks for my oldest daughter. Karyl explains she doesn't live here and the stranger asks if she is her mother. Karyl asks why she wants to know. Stranger asks her again. I ask what she wants. Get the same response. Tell my wife to shut and lock the door.

Instead of leaving the stranger alternately rings the door bell and knocks on the front door. I call the county Sheriff. Eventually the lady goes and sits in her car. Then she goes and parks it in front of the house. Finally the Sheriff arrives and according to him gives him attitude as well. That doesn't go over well. He finally finds out she is a process server and sends her her way.

Nice talk to the deputy, have another scotch. Call my youngest daughter and wish her a 26th Happy Birthday. Call my oldest daughter and explain a process server stopped by today. Don't get an explanation but she doesn't seem surprised Since she is now 30 decide it is her problem and she obviously does't want my help. Have a third scotch, eat dinner and relax.

Cool, I was thinking about doing some bike riding recently. But all of our bikes are screwed up. I don't remember the last time I was on a bike.

I used to ride a lot, not quite at Chris' level but did triathlon, duathlons and mountain/trail riding for a while until my my back and neck got in the way. Both of those issues seem to have gone away so I figured it was time again. Not sure what race I'm going to do but it will likely be a sprint distance tri or a duathlon (no swimming). I've dropped about 10 pounds in the last 3 or 4 weeks so feeling good again. I say just do it.

Got my ESW9's back from AT today. They've been sitting on a shelf for like 2 years with a broken swivel/headband connector on the right ear cup. I finally decided to send them in to be fixed. 45 bucks later and it's like having a new pair of cans. And I forgot how much I like the sound of these.

I recently "found" my ESW9's (for some reason, I thought I had sold them). They're nice little cans.

Congrats Shelly!

All future baby stuff here recently. Bradley natural birth classes Wednesday. Hospital birth classes Thursday. Sorting through the 80% they differed on since. Friday morning touring a childcare system that is a possibility due to GFs employment at a certain search engine company. Kept thinking these kids are getting a better education than I think I did at any level including college. The near future is getting beautiful, scary and likely crazy expensive.

I picked up my son's 5 year old Macbook Pro after getting the cooling fans replaced. Sure is nice to not hear the fans rattling all the time anymore, just wish it wasn't $149 to get it done.

And so far I've lost about 10 lbs in 12 days with the SP Cleanse diet and some mild exercise every day on my stationary bike. Only 40 more pounds to go, but the loss has slowed down now as I stabilize on the new diet...