And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Vaguely helped (mostly took pictures) my wife and Libby make some chocolate chip cookies this morning. Then took advantage of the nice(r ) weather and went to a local playground. Libby had a blast but it was bit nerve-wrecking for me to watch her navigate through the playground structures.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Went out to lunch in La Jolla, CA with my father in law and wife. All three of us had fish and chips at the place we had been to last time we were there in honor of my mother in law and then a nice walk around down by the water. Even saw not one but two Bugatti Veyrons in stock at a dealer (I'm not sure if the image shows up it's from Facebook and crappy to boot):

384322_199936746748847_100001975683076_417553_945357380_n.jpg

Edited by Dreadhead

So right after the last post I bumped my laptop trying to soothe Ben and the encrypted hard drive ate it. No tech support until tomorrow and probably nothing until I am back in the office in 3 days. At least the hard drive passed all the bios based checks so I may not be totally screwed and it should be recoverable.

Edited by Dreadhead

Wasted a few hours trying to build a bracket which would mount my cable modem in my just-wired-up network box. The modem is 8 1/4" wide, the rack has holes at 6" apart with one at 3/4" from the wall, and the modem has mounting points which are 4" apart. I'd call that triple offset. The first two times I was *completely* sure it was correct. Right. I'll blame the afternoon drinks on two failures.