And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I thought about you at work today Shelly. I wish your husband posted on here, so he could update us. Hope everything went according to plan. Speedy recovery, and remember, now's the time for special requests that would otherwise seem selfish. Maybe Eggs Benedict in bed for starters.;)

Hi guys. Everythng went well. The problem was slightly worse than they thought based on the MRI and xrays. It turned out that some of the cartilage was also comng off the bone. Also there was a little more excess bone than they thought there would be. Hopefull this doesn't affect the recovery time too much. So far not too much pain. I woke up out of surgery around 11:30am and just took my first pain medication, generic percoset, (I got general and regional anasthetia, a nerve block, and the regional anasthesia is just starting to wear off). The PA told me to not be conservative with the pain meds and to take two the first time and to continue to take it even if I don't have pan at the beginning. I hope I don't have to take them too long.

I do have some muscle twitches but I am going to hold off on the valium til go to bed.

Also, crutches are a pain. I almost lost my balance a cold of times trying to walk non weightbearing on them. My dr said I could do 20lbs weight bearing flat foot and it is a lot better.

I am still a little afraid to walk aroung on crutches without my husband nearby though.

Shelly,

The pain will get worse as the meds they used for surgery wear off so your PA is definitely on the right track for managing the pain before it starts to hurt. After knee surgery day 2 was way worse than day 1 so don't overdue it. Also, make sure to also manage the side effects of the pain meds which can be equally as unpleasant if ignored. All that said I'm glad to hear that everything went well and I've always taken the approach that they'd might as well fix as much as they can while they're in there so it doesn't really matter what they find (within reason, of course).

And stop walking around, hubby should be your slave for a while. Make him get you a little bell. :)

Shelly,

The pain will get worse as the meds they used for surgery wear off so your PA is definitely on the right track for managing the pain before it starts to hurt. After knee surgery day 2 was way worse than day 1 so don't overdue it. Also, make sure to also manage the side effects of the pain meds which can be equally as unpleasant if ignored. All that said I'm glad to hear that everything went well and I've always taken the approach that they'd might as well fix as much as they can while they're in there so it doesn't really matter what they find (within reason, of course).

And stop walking around, hubby should be your slave for a while. Make him get you a little bell. :)

Unfortunately he cannot go to the bathroom for me... and well women have small bladders. :(