And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Well, I hope it works out for you, Dinny.

We need to provide yet more documents to the bank for our refinancing process. The annoying part is, I know that they have some of the documents requested since I had to send them in previously - it looks like the people/departments that are involved are not talking to each other enough. Unfortunately, it'll just be quicker and less pain if I just send them the said documents rather than have them find the ones I've sent previously.

Well, I hope it works out for you, Dinny.

We need to provide yet more documents to the bank for our refinancing process. The annoying part is, I know that they have some of the documents requested since I had to send them in previously - it looks like the people/departments that are involved are not talking to each other enough. Unfortunately, it'll just be quicker and less pain if I just send them the said documents rather than have them find the ones I've sent previously.

lol, I had the exact same experience. They are really papering these things up now.

Banks have become a massive PITA for mortgages (the mortgage for the lake house was possibly one of the most frustrating things I have ever done) but I think that I rather this than they making a lot of stupid ass loans/taking hughe volume bonuses and then getting bailed out.... just my two cents.

Congrat on paying off the mortgage Tom! We paid off our house in SF a few years ago and it felt pretty awesome.

I got lucky and when the economy turned to shit my bank asked if I wanted a lower rate without any hassle and with only a small fee. I think they were trying to make it easier to stay with them than to shop elsewhere. I literally signed papers and the rate changed. So nice compared to all the bullshit of these things generally.

Good luck Dinny, and hang in there for a better deal. As Tom says, it really pays.