And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

This interests me. Why do people think that lending their money to the government (and the state) for the year, and then getting it back at the end, without any interest is a good idea? Whereas keeping your own money, and only giving what you owe ( and not a dollar more) at the end of the year is a bad thing?

People lack the financial discipline not to spend money that won't be theirs? Getting money you couldn't be bothered to track is a nice surprise?

I wish we can file ours now, but we're still waiting on few more paperworks (as usual), then gotta make an appointment with our tax lady (I no longer do it myself since it's wee bit complicated with crap-load of paperwork now with retirements/investments/etc).

^This. Plus running a small business adds complications.

I never know what will happen year to year. I could get a refund, I could owe money, who knows? The net income from my private practice varies so much, it is really hard to predict. Plus we pay for 'domestic help' (kid's sitter) and mistakenly wanted to be on the up and up, so now are stuck dealing with unemployment benefits, Medicare, who the hell knows what else. Should've just paid her cash like everyone else. I just send it all in to the accountant and do what he tells me to do.

^ Congrats ?

Woke up coughing (which I have done for the last 2 weeks) and saw that my e-file had been rejected because turbotax online can not figure out how to fill in form 8938 comp26.gif and even though I filled the fields it asked for in it was not filled in correctly by the software.

After I figured out that the form wasn't even required I have re-filed mytaxes.nate.gif

Edited by Dreadhead

I'm sort of a grad student again!

My supervisor found a small bit of money and told me to finish Chapter 1 by end of March, and Chapter 2 by end of May. Payment on delivery. Now my wife can look after the kids for a few months, and not have to leave them with me while she gets a job.

Head-case, your collective duty is to tell me to get back to work whenever you see me posting in the daylight hours, unless it's in the "what are you drinking" thread.

Glad to hear you're still employed, Pars!