And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Woke up at 6 something to get the car washed (twice) and ready for a BMW drive through the mountains. Got stopped by a 90ft tall tree that was downed by the wind across the road. Got to help some park rangers pull it off the road after the chain saws came in. Hit a place called the Cajun Depot for a blackened chicken sandwich and came back over the mountains and a bunch of different back roads. Then I took the kids to a birthday party at an inflatable place (Partyville), and went home for a nap.

Skipped the nap, went to the Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra for Big Band Fever! They had two dance floors, and I had my 20D and 50 f/1.4. Hope the shots came out.

Oh yeah... I didn't get a ticket before hand, so took my chances with the box office. Nice lady at the front, chatted a second, and got front row at the end, right in front of the stairs leading to the stage dance floor (only person not in the balcony with a clear view of the dancers) and had the best view of the lower dance floor as well. Not bad for a last minute purchase.

Oh yeah, met up with some people from MENSA who were there and went out for desert after the show. Struck up a convo with the pianist on the walk to the diner. Friendly guy.

All in all, a pretty good day!

**BRENT**

Just got back from the HamFest in Orlando, lots of fun hooking up with all friends and new ones. It is amazing how cheap most of the tubes were going for, I mean NOS 6SN7-GTB or 6922 for under $15. Only bought a couple of 25 year old Zippos's for $5 each (already refurbished at the factory).

Currently laying on the couch looking for the truck that hit me. The flu has now kicked 3 of 4 asses in the house, not a fun weekend for this and other reasons.

And one day you'll remember all these times fondly. OK, maybe not soon, but one day.

Get better!

Took our daughter to New England Aquarium (again). She definitely enjoyed the fishes and whatnot, but we need to come back in warmer weather so she can see their seal training sessions, which is done outside. At least we can get in for free for another year or so.

My niece really loved the penguins there.

went to Sur La Table with Emily and selected things for our gift registry. it was fun.

Fun!

Currently laying on the couch looking for the truck that hit me. The flu has now kicked 3 of 4 asses in the house, not a fun weekend for this and other reasons.

Not fun!

Todd, if he gets it don't be fooled that it's over after 24 hours. Lily ralleyed yesterday and appeared fine for the first half of today but after her nap today she was back praying to the porcelin god. Andrew has unfortunately been pretty consistent in his need to get sick every night before bedtime but has at least been better during the day.

And thansk for the well-wishes folks. I'm just achy and feverish (knock on wood) but this would be a really bad week to miss much time so I'm hoping that sleep will work wonders.

It was nice being DINKs and now at least so far it's great being parents :) I'm pretty confident it will stay that way and if not we'll work to make it that way again.

Meaghan is currently in NYC for the Toy Fair so I'm doing all duties and it's been pretty good. Only had to get up once overnight which isn't bad.

Happy Anniversary! Where do you plan to go, if you don't mind?

Just a nice lunch (we're taking the day off) one of our favorite local places (4 blocks away): http://www.majesticcafe.com/

My favorite in old town is (3 blocks away): http://www.braborestaurant.com/

Where we live is pretty awesome for dining and even has this place for drinking: http://www.eamonnsdu...PX/px_home.html

I was hoping to go but we don't have anyone to watch Ben, ran into the GM/barkeep on the street the other day and he recognized me even though I hadn't been in a year.

Edited by Dreadhead